B4J Question form question - inconsistent platform operation

rspitzer

I have a problem with forms not displaying consistently between windows 10 desktop and raspberry pi desktop. I have attached a small sample program that shows this inconsistency. The windows 10 desktop and the raspberry pi (model 4) are both running the JDK 11. The test program is quite simple, it opens a main from with a blue back ground. The main form has no controls, and the cursor is turned off. After the main form is opened, a second form is opened with the same parameters (except the form is smaller) but the form background is set to transparent. When run on the windows 10 desktop, the screen just shows a blue field (I am using 1280x800 resolution) , and the second form though open, since it is transparent does not show up on the screen. Great, expected operation, no problems. If I run the same program on the raspberry pi, the main form opens as expected with a blue screen, but the second form opens with a white rectangle ( size of the second form) . Whats wrong here? See coder below, and I have attached the sample program.

inconsistent forms:
    #Region Project Attributes
    #VirtualMachineArgs: -Djavafx.platform=gtk
    #MainFormWidth: 1280
    #MainFormHeight: 800
#End Region

Sub Process_Globals
    Private fx As JFX
    Private MainForm As Form
    Private frm As Form
End Sub

Sub AppStart (Form1 As Form, Args() As String)
    MainForm = Form1
    MainForm.RootPane.MouseCursor = fx.Cursors.NONE
    MainForm.SetFormStyle("TRANSPARENT")
    MainForm.RootPane.LoadLayout("main") 'Load the layout file.
    MainForm.RootPane.Enabled = True
    MainForm.WindowLeft=1
    MainForm.WindowTop=1
    MainForm.Show

frm.Initialize("frm",530,108)
    frm.WindowLeft = 300
    frm.WindowTop = 690
    frm.SetFormStyle("TRANSPARENT")
    frm.BackColor = fx.Colors.Transparent
    frm.show

End Sub

'Return true to allow the default exceptions handler to handle the uncaught exception.
Sub Application_Error (Error As Exception, StackTrace As String) As Boolean
    Return True
End Sub

Attachments

• testforms.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 118