formlib.fullscreen(false)..?

TWELVE

Licensed User
Hello all together,

is it possible to reverse the formlib.fullscreen(true) with an formlib.fullscreen(false) ?

It does not appear to work on the device and my forum search did not clarify this.

If the fullscreen(true) cannot be reversed,

- why is this so..?

- can this be implemented yet or are there restrictions by the OS..?

- are there workarounds to enable the user to switch between fullscreen and normal window mode..?

cheers

TWELVE

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The boolean argument in FullScreen determines if the title bar should be removed or not.
You can use the following code to return the title bar and menu bar:
B4X:
'obj and obj2 are Objects (from the door library)
Sub Globals
    'Declare the global variables here.

End Sub

Sub App_Start
    Form1.Show
    flb.New1("form1",B4PObject(1))
    obj.New1(false)
    obj2.New1(false)
    obj2.FromControl("form1")
    obj2.Value = obj2.GetProperty("Menu")

flb.FullScreen(true)
End Sub

Sub ReturnTitle
    obj.FromControl("form1")
    obj.SetProperty("MaximizeBox",true)
    obj.SetProperty("ControlBox",true)
    obj.SetProperty("FormBorderStyle","Sizable")
    obj.SetProperty("WindowState","Normal")
End Sub

Sub ReturnMenu
    obj.FromControl("form1")
    obj.SetProperty2("Menu",obj2.Value)
End Sub

TWELVE

Licensed User
Hi Erel,

thx for your reply.I do not necessarily like to add one more lib just for this small task.That's one of the biggest disadvantages of B4P.You definitely need to add more of these external lib functions into the B4P core.I already have lost oversight what functionality is covered by what library and the often similar naming of the libraries doesn't make that task any easier.

Very often B4P programming isn't that logical i would expect as a programmer.FullScreen(false) is an excellent example for that.I've got some serious difficulties to understand the logic behind, especially when reading the poor documentation or some source code.That's kind of frustating.For Windows apps, i'm using PureBasic and this is a complete different world.
Everything is strict logical and i do not have any issues in understanding command, instructions or parameters.Regardless of this my PPC app has grown to 4500 lines source code over time, since i wrote my first post here in this forum.But even with that it did not reach the functionality of my purebasic Windows App, which has "only" 4500 lines of source code.
cheers

TWELVE