Forum Backup

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
One of the development forum where I am member, had a major java script injection attack. The admin had to restore the forum from backup.

This got me thinking for our B4X Forum. This forum not only has helpful tips and tricks but lots of libraries and source codes which, when one searches for his/her need, are invaluable.

I hope the forum has backup of all these and we will have alternate way to access them, if need arises.

Regards,

Anand

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Alternatively, we will rewrite all our posts :p

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
A very interesting and important question. When it happened everyone was indeed shocked when Apple iCloud was hacked and peoples details were on the internet. The issue of very extreme black hats will always be a challenge. I have learned that doing backups is a very good life saver. You just have to. You will be surprised at how many intelligent people, even with PhDs who still never gets the issue of the importance of backups whilst they work with crucial information. One way of another, ish happens. Just like that time this forum had DOS attacks and Erel had to up the scales to mitigate that. No one can be really immune to this non-sense.

At times for everyone I think we tend to start to "trust" that all is well until you loose those important documents then you realize that damn, if only I did backups, if only i closed that gap. #Life.

OliverA

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Apple iCloud was hacked
OT: Do you have a link to that? Was iCloud directly hacked or were accounts guessed by previous hacks of other sites?