Forum to be upgraded to Xenforo 2

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The forum will be upgraded in the next couple of days. This is a major upgrade that breaks all style and behavior modifications and there are quite many modifications in the current forum.

The new version includes many improvements. You can see more information here: https://xenforo.com/community/forums/have-you-seen/ (click on XF 2.0 or XF 2.1 prefixes).

There is really no option not to upgrade as the old version is no longer maintained and doesn't work with newer versions of PHP and other software.

It will take some time to fill all the gaps. Patience is needed...

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The new version includes many improvements.
Will the REST Api be available for Library-Developers (after a request; as i read a Administrator needs to create the API Key)?
It will take some time to fill all the gaps. Patience is needed...
Sure.
The forum will be upgraded in the next couple of days
Good news. Happy to see the new Features soon ;-)

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I hope you will be able to keep your customized search engine (and perhaps add search to conversations too).
Please make a backup, just in case. The forum is a goldmine!
Good luck!

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Will the REST Api be available for Library-Developers
I don't know yet.

I hope you will be able to keep your customized search engine (and perhaps add search to conversations too).
Don't worry. The search engine is a "baby" of mine. It will be working before the upgrade.

Please make a backup, just in case. The forum is a goldmine!
That's for sure.

I'm making the upgrade on an offline site:

firefox_OGPR2uGFx5.png

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Good news that we are upgrading the Forum finally.
  1. I hope my wish to list "post/message you liked" will be available.
  2. Also "auto text fill in bookmark input".
I can not find my thread on above now, as the search features are still upgraded, I understand.

BTW when I visited the Forum for updating my thread https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4xgoodies_from_walt61-online.110060/, I found the message of its been upgraded. Fine. I roamed around and found that "Showcase" page needs updates too.

2019-12-26_152653.png2019-12-26_152439.png

Regards,

Anand