Forum Topic Collapse Feature Resetting - New Forum Version.

mangojack

Licensed User
Longtime User
As other members have reported ... https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/forum-upgrade-almost-complete-👍.112491/post-702168

Every so often (2 - 3 days) Forum Topics that I have collapsed (Not Interested) expand back to default view. ( I have seen the post re Browser Cookie Setting etc.)

Today , Launching my everyday B4X Forums shortcut, I witnessed the browser briefly informing "This web page could not be reached ... " *** Or something similar.

2 seconds later the page loaded and collapsed forum topics had returned to default view (Expanded) ... Coincidence maybe ?

Opera Desktop
Version: 65.0.3467.78

edit: There has been no attempt to clear history / cookies etc.

Many Thanks

Last edited:

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
+1

In the last three days i had to collapse B4i and B4r Forums two times.

Edit to add:
Made some research about this feature. The state is saved in the browser "local storage". It should be kept for quite long. It will be reset when you clear the cookies.
The expiration date is not configurable.

Note that i did not reset my browsers Cache/Cookies/Settings

Last edited:

mangojack

Licensed User
Longtime User
I just needed to collapse B4i and B4r Forums again a minute ago.

? Coincidence ... I have just noticed my 'No Interest Topics' have expanded also. All was good 30 mins ago. :confused:

EDIT: I have also just notice only B4i and B4R expanded ... Foreign and Other Products remained collapsed.

mangojack

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yesterday i collaped Other products too because of your answer. Today all were expanded again. Including Other products.

@DonManfred .. certainly to early to tell , I cleared all browser cookies / other site data .. yesterday, on a hunch of old forum settings causing the issue.
As I said still early but have a feeling this will solve the issue .... Time will tell .

Unfortunately have to leave home for a fortnights work .... so the desktop will remain dormant and I cannot confirm success or not. :rolleyes:

mangojack

Licensed User
Longtime User
Well , there goes that theory ... After 1 & half days , all collapsed forum topic nodes have re - expanded. :(

Another thing I've noticed on this occasion , the browser has forgotten previously read thread posts ... all threads open at post #1.