Android Question Found tag id where item is expected Error

Hi everyone i have this error please help me if you know.

Found tag id where item is expected:
B4A Version: 10.50
Parsing code.    (0.00s)
    Java Version: 11
Building folders structure.    (0.08s)
Compiling code.    (0.05s)
Compiling layouts code.    (0.01s)
Organizing libraries.    (0.00s)
    (AndroidX SDK)
Generating R file.    Error
c:\users\dell\appdata\local\android\sdk\tools\..\extras\b4a_remote\androidx\savedstate\savedstate\1.1.0\unpacked-savedstate-1.1.0\res\values\values.xml:3: error: Found tag id where item is expected
c:\users\dell\appdata\local\android\sdk\tools\..\extras\b4a_remote\androidx\lifecycle\lifecycle-viewmodel\2.3.0\unpacked-lifecycle-viewmodel-2.3.0\res\values\values.xml:3: error: Found tag id where item is expected
c:\users\dell\appdata\local\android\sdk\tools\..\extras\b4a_remote\androidx\lifecycle\lifecycle-runtime\2.3.0\unpacked-lifecycle-runtime-2.3.0\res\values\values.xml:3: error: Found tag id where item is expected

John Naylor

Licensed User
Longtime User
There appears to be something strange happening since some SDK Manager updates earlier.

Is your application small enough to easily copy and paste into a fresh app? That seems to fix it as a workaround.

Upvote 0

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Apart from the fact that appdata\local is not a recommended place for the SDK the latest SDK posted by Erel includes savedstate/1.0.0 not 1.1.0.

Try reinstalling a fresh SDK and resources from the link below, following the instructions exactly and using 7-zip or similar to decompress the archives as File Explorer can corrupt the folder structure of large archives.

B4A – The simple way to develop native Android apps (b4x.com)

Do not play with the SDK manager unless you really need to.

Upvote 0
There appears to be something strange happening since some SDK Manager updates earlier.

Is your application small enough to easily copy and paste into a fresh app? That seems to fix it as a workaround.
I updated some sdk files form SDK manager after that this error happened and now i can't fix it. in each project its the same error.

Upvote 0

John Naylor

Licensed User
Longtime User
Apart from the fact that appdata\local is not a recommended place for the SDK the latest SDK posted by Erel includes savedstate/1.0.0 not 1.1.0.

Try reinstalling a fresh SDK and resources from the link below, following the instructions exactly and using 7-zip or similar to decompress the archives as File Explorer can corrupt the folder structure of large archives.

B4A – The simple way to develop native Android apps (b4x.com)

Do not play with the SDK manager unless you really need to.
Lesson learned!

That's fixed it. Thank's @agraham

Upvote 0