Freewarepocketpc.net "Client"

digitaldon37

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hallo digitaldon37,

no!

But I can offer you this.

Awesome! I'm going to upload to the main post as version .16

update: If you go into settings and increase the number of apps to display (such as 50) the images start to not match between the bottom panel and the listview.

Last edited:

digitaldon37

Licensed User
Longtime User
Version .17

Version .17 has been posted on the main post. The only difference is that this version removes the API for pocketfreewarepc.net - the site owner asked that the API not be included while they work on it on their end. I have attached a zip of a cache directory - unzip this to your project folder - which the program will default to.

D

Deleted member 103

There are 545 pages of software. Here is however only the first page viewed. How can you look at the other pages?

digitaldon37

Licensed User
Longtime User
There are 545 pages of software. Here is however only the first page viewed. How can you look at the other pages?

Once the site owner finalizes their API, I will add some scroll forward/back buttons and retrieve with the modified query string.

digitaldon37

Licensed User
Longtime User
New UI

I will be uploading a new project zip to the main post - the UI has been changed to match a mock-up that was given to me.

What I haven't implemented is

1. Scrolling - such as how it is done in programs like iConact and Pocket Player
2. Sliding window - when you press the ">" button on the selected app

Also, not sure how to get rid of the listview titles - even if I set them to nothing "" (and I set col 2 as " " so I can reference it) I am still left with the header bars.

Ideas, suggestions, and feedback are welcome.

Last edited:

digitaldon37

Licensed User
Longtime User
Version .18

Version .18 has been posted on the main post - minus the API (pending approval of the freewarepocketpc.net site) but it will work in "offline mode" if you copy the cache directory.

Requires Filippo's listview and fgControls libraries.

The intent was to get it close to the attached image.

Not implemented:

1. Finger scrolling (like how iContact works_
2. Retrieve more listings. I was thinking of adding an entry at the bottom of the listview that shows "More...>" and running the required query once they implement that in their API

I recently started a new project at work that is taking a lot of my spare programming time. If anyone is interested in helping out and sharing credit please let me know.

D

Deleted member 103

Error message when you start.

foldername <AppPath & "\ gfx"> does not exist.

joel2009

Licensed User
You could possibly use a "random access" type slider.... but as far as i understand, its impossible to do the scrolling. (You can't do the the scrolling without capturing the coordinates of mouse down/ mouse up and you can't get them from ontop of a control... unless of course you can somehow provide a control that captures the x,y coordintes) The Default controls don't allow this though as far as i understand... Maybe a basic4ppc wish list item :D

digitaldon37

Licensed User
Longtime User
Error message when you start.

foldername <AppPath & "\ gfx"> does not exist.

Uploaded version .19 and zipped gfx directory to the main post. I wanted to hide the column headers so I added a label on top of it. I also didn't notice how bad the menu button color made the images blurry, so I made some tweaks there.

D

Deleted member 103

Hi digitaldon37,

I have added the vga-resolution. :)

Ciao,
Filippo