Android Question FTP Server Not enabled in the FTP-Bridge App?

Danamo

Licensed User
For years I've used the File Explorer in Tools / B4A Bridge to copy files back and forth between my PC and my Android phone. Now it has stopped working and I get a message (in the B4A program on the PC saying "Make sure that the FTP Server is enabled in the FTP-Bridge App" whenever I try to use it.

The B4A-Bridge App connection is working, since I am still able to install and troubleshoot apps, use the Designer, and so forth. I just can't use the File Explorer.

I can use a USB cable between PC and phone to transfer files instead of the B4A Bridge, but that isn't ideal. The Windows File Explorer only has limited access to folders on the phone, and I can't (or don't know how) to set my phone to allow data transfer via USB by default. I always have to manually tell the phone to allow more than just charging every time I plug in the USB cable.

So, How do I re-enable the FTP Server in the FTP-Bridge App?

And please; although I know enough to have made and published some very simple apps for free download on the Google Play Store, I am an entirely self-taught amateur and hobbyist who mostly makes apps for my own personal use and enjoyment on my own phone. I know I am a pygmy compared the intellectual giants here on this platform in regards to my knowledge and skills. I use B4A for entertainment, and the joy I have gotten from it over the years is worth way more than what I paid for it. So if I am being stupid in figuring out how to fix this problem with the FTP server I don't mind being corrected, and indeed hope I will be, but please be kind and patient with me.

Danamo

Licensed User
Thanks for responding, Erel. The File Explorer, until very recently, was working on my Android 10 phone. So, some recent update of the Android OS on my phone, without my knowledge or consent, broke it?

Grr. I hate updates, especially covert ones.

Upvote 0