Android Question Full-screen, no title

canalrun

Well-Known Member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for looking, but never mind. I found the answer.

I'm almost too embarrassed to say what it was …

When a new B4A file is created, there are two regions for the Attributes at the top of the source file. Well, one was expanded and one was collapsed. You can guess the rest.



Hello,
I have an app I originally wrote a couple years ago with an older version of B4A. I recently updated the app using the latest version, 3.82. It sets the display for No Title and Full-screen in both the Designer Activity Properties and the B4A file Attributes. When I run the app on a device there is no title and it runs full-screen.

A few days ago I created a new app to test timer granularity and display the screen height and width. In both the Designer Activity Properties and B4A file Attributes I again set it for Full-screen and No Title. When I run this app on the same device, however, I still get the title and notifications bar (not full screen).

I have compared the manifest files. Both are identical in the relevant areas. Both have Min SDK 9 and no Target SDK.

One significant difference between the two apps is that the working app was originally created with an older version of B4A but recently updated using the latest version. The second app was created from scratch with the latest version of B4A.

I've attached a zip of the timer test app. Can anyone tell me why it is not running Full-screen and No Title?

Thanks,
Barry.
 

Attachments

  • TimerTest.zip
    7.5 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
nothing to be ashamed of, canalrun.

Erel should have a look at this as it is getting confusing.

Setting it in the designer doesn't seem to do anything at all, it only seems to work when you change it in the region of the activity code.
 
Upvote 0

canalrun

Well-Known Member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, I found my problem by comparing my nonworking versus a working ,b4a file as text files. I quickly noticed that the nonworking had two conflicting attributes areas, one expanded one collapsed. After removing the conflicting attributes, it worked as expected.
 
Upvote 0
Top