B4J Question Future of B4J

Blueforcer

Licensed User
Longtime User
We plan to implement a very large project with B4J. We know that it is feasible. But since it is a software that has to be maintained over several years, the question is to what extent B4J is future-proof. What happens if something happens (God forbid) to Erel? Is it still an oneman show or are there employees now who can take B4X further?

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

There are all kinds of plans that I make to support it.

Understood.

I'm having problems understanding the context and background for that somewhat vague response. That's fine, I don't aspire to understand everything, especially things that are not my business. Just know that I, and several other users of B4X, would very much appreciate a little more information if/when it's possible to provide it. (Ref #21)

I doubt anyone thought otherwise, but I would also like to state that I'm a very fond user of B4X and I think that Erel is doing fantastic work. I'm frequently stunned by the fact that I'm able to produce high quality apps this easily. (My only concern is that those apps are the fundament of my business. It would be a disaster for me if I had to rewrite them. We've been through all that though so I won't repeat it again.)

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
1. I assure you that Anywhere Software will do all that it can to make sure that B4X continue to evolve.
2. B4A is being developed for 8 years now. B4A and the other tools will be developed for many years to come.
3. As I wrote in the first page, the company size doesn't always matter. Microsoft killed or stopped development of many tools since B4A was released.
4. There are all kinds of plans for all kinds of scenarios. I'm sorry but these plans will be kept private.

Upvote 0

JackKirk

Licensed User
Longtime User
There are all kinds of plans for all kinds of scenarios. I'm sorry but these plans will be kept private.
Erel, as I have said in other threads what you have created in your B4X product line is absolutely brilliant.

Having said that I unfortunately find the above quote unsatisfactory.

B4X could be heading for a stellar future - but as it tends to that status questions of the "bus factor" nature will become louder and you will have to publicly address them.

Better now than later.

Upvote 0

MODERN TALKING

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think this song is pertinent regarding this thread:

Que Sera Sera
Whatever Will Be, Will Be
The Future's Not Ours To See
Que Sera Sera
WHAT WILL BE
WILL BE

So everyone relax - we come into this World NAKED & WITH NOTHING and we leave our current bodies WITH NOTHING too

Find your purpose to live a meaningful life - through SELFLESSNESS and not SELF-SERVICE

We're all hamsters on a treadmill - goin' round and round the mulberry bush - but in reality, on a TRAIN TO NOWHERE

Upvote 0