B4J Question Standalone Build cannot find WebView

Fr Simon Rundell

Licensed User
Longtime User
In debug mode, my app runs perfectly, so I built it as a standalone package on B4J 9.8 with OpenJDK 14 and... nothing.

The run_debug shows

Log Output:
D:\Dropbox\Development\ISBNLookup\Objects\temp\build\bin>java.exe @release_java_modules.txt  -m b4j/uk.dotchurch.ISBNLookup.main
main._process_globals (java line: -1)
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javafx/scene/web/WebView
        at b4j/anywheresoftware.b4j.objects.WebViewWrapper.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
        at b4j/uk.dotchurch.ISBNLookup.main._process_globals(Unknown Source)
        at b4j/uk.dotchurch.ISBNLookup.main.initializeProcessGlobals(Unknown Source)
        at b4j/uk.dotchurch.ISBNLookup.main.start(Unknown Source)
        at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication1$9(Unknown Source)
        at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runAndWait$12(Unknown Source)
        at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$10(Unknown Source)
        at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Unknown Source)
        at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$11(Unknown Source)
        at javafx.graphics/com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(Unknown Source)
        at javafx.graphics/com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication._runLoop(Native Method)
        at javafx.graphics/com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.lambda$runLoop$3(Unknown Source)
        at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)... etc

How is this happening?

I'm using webView to build some data that is most easily represented in HTML (because they are drawn from APIs and a Screen Scrape) and it is, after all, the only object that isn't a b4xview. What am I missing, O experts?

Solution
In debug mode, my app runs perfectly, so I built it as a standalone package on B4J 9.8 with OpenJDK 14 and... nothing.

The run_debug shows

Log Output:
D:\Dropbox\Development\ISBNLookup\Objects\temp\build\bin>java.exe @release_java_modules.txt  -m b4j/uk.dotchurch.ISBNLookup.main
        at...

omo

Licensed User
Longtime User

The run_debug shows

Log Output:
        at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication1$9(Unknown Source)
        at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runAndWait$12(Unknown Source)
        at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$10(Unknown Source)
        at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Unknown Source)
        at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$11(Unknown Source)
        at javafx.graphics/com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(Unknown Source)
        at javafx.graphics/com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication._runLoop(Native Method)
        at javafx.graphics/com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.lambda$runLoop$3(Unknown Source)
        at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)... etc

How is this happening?

I'm using webView to build some data that is most easily represented in HTML (because they are drawn from APIs and a Screen Scrape) and it is, after all, the only object that isn't a b4xview. What am I missing, O experts?
Since you used webview, try including this in your code before you build standalome package :
B4X:
#PackagerProperty: IncludedModules = javafx.web

Upvote 0
Solution