Android Question FYI - There was a problem parsing the package.

MrKim

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have found that if I try to install using B4a bridge, if android:minSdkVersion is set to 26 in the manifest, and you are trying to install on a device that is Android 7 I get this error with no other message. B4a thinks the package was properly installed and throws no errors, either in debug mode or release mode.
Same issue on two different tablets.

Set a lower android:minSdkVersion and it installed fine.

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I would have thought that this is expected behaviour. Android 7 is SDK 25. B4A when installing a package passes to to the Android Package Installer and as far as I know there is no feedback to B4ABridge as to whether it installed or not. The error comes from the Package Installer.

Upvote 1

MrKim

Licensed User
Longtime User
I would have thought that this is expected behaviour. Android 7 is SDK 25. B4A when installing a package passes to to the Android Package Installer and as far as I know there is no feedback to B4ABridge as to whether it installed or not. The error comes from the Package Installer.
It's just a cryptic error. I would expect it to say something like, "Your Android Version is too old." But I think the play store solution is you will never SEE the app if your device is too old so we don't have to worry much about the message. As I said, this is just an FYI for other B4A developers. It took me a while to figure out why my install was failing.

Upvote 0