Share My Creation (Game) Manic Maze

Try to escape out of the complex mazes / labyrinths...

Take the right turns, bridges and tunnels to get to the exit at the bottom right.

That's right... these mazes have multiple heights to make maze crossing possible which brings maze games to another level.

To play the game you simply swipe into the direction that you want to go.

Good luck!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sorex.manicmaze

Used libs: core, phone (stay awake), okhttp/okhttputils2 (score/ranking),firebaseadmob (ads)

menu-forum.png game1.png game2.png

barx

Licensed User
Longtime User
That simply looks Manic!

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
hey Andy,

no multiplayer so far and not really planned.

each difficulty has a set of 1000 mazes pregenerated and packed with a B4J app. (35-140K)
I got stack overflow errors in the apps so pregen was wiser.

gfx in photoshop with help from a designer.

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
I liked it!
My only thing I'd like to add would be to be able to swipe directions before the block reaches the next corner. Play pacman on the play store and you'll know what I mean.
You should also be able to reverse direction before it reaches the next corner.

Maybe a feature to leave a trail of "bread crumbs" behind you would be good too.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
yeah, it was originally like that the problem was that if you were fast enough the block started to move before the next corner so it started to get weird positions.

Daniel-White

Licensed User
Longtime User
To play the game you simply swipe into the direction that you want to go. <---------- :confused: I have a problem, I can swipe, but when the corridor is in the middle or between corners, the block always go to the end.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
strange, it works fine on the devices that I tried tho. are you sure it's not a bridge/tunnel you're crossing?

Daniel-White

Licensed User
Longtime User
strange, it works fine on the devices that I tried tho. are you sure it's not a bridge/tunnel you're crossing?

Yes, it is working fine, I was all mix up with the bridges, I think it will be a good idea put the bridge in blue color, I had been thinking these bridges are doors or similar. :eek:

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It should be clear once you moved under a bridge.

using mixed colors makes it look awfull, I tried it before. this is the best I could make of it.

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
yeah, it was originally like that the problem was that if you were fast enough the block started to move before the next corner so it started to get weird positions.

that's your coding problem to solve then :)

playing pacman with these controls makes it much easier, so too would be your maze game. You could even include some elements of pacman like monsters in the maze?! or speed pill powerups?

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
thought about that but these "dead end streets" are kind of extremely lethal then ;)

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You should also be able to reverse direction before it reaches the next corner.

this is possible in 1.03 which has just been uploaded for publishing.

it also speeds up skipping of side gates when you want to move on. (for example swipe twice before the first gate is reached will move to beyond the first gate)

Last edited: