B4A Library libGDX - Game Engine

Discussion in 'Additional libraries, classes and official updates' started by Informatix, Sep 12, 2013.

1. ilan

ilan Expert Licensed User

2. Informatix

Informatix Expert Licensed User

Yes, set the right height in Activity.AddView. Look at threads like this one.

wonder likes this.
  3. Informatix

No.

4. wonder

wonder Expert Licensed User

I managed to fix it. Thanks.

5. melonZgz

melonZgz Active Member Licensed User

Hello.
    I have a problem with a tmx map with animated tiles.
    Using the example provided "map_tIDE", but loading a tmx file (I don't have tide installed...) I see the animated tiles.
    But if instead of doing renderer.render I render the layers one by one I don't see the animation:
    Code:
    Camera.Update
        renderer.SetCameraView(
    Camera)

renderer.SpriteBatch.Begin
        renderer.renderTileLayer(layer)
        renderer.SpriteBatch.End
    This way it renders the layer, but the tiles wich are supposed to have an animation are static in their first frame.
    Thank you.

6. Informatix

Use Render2 instead of RenderTileLayer.

melonZgz likes this.
  7. melonZgz

melonZgz Active Member Licensed User

Thx. I'm allready rendering that way. I just wanted to use renderTileLayer to keep all the drawings in the same batch draw (between batch.begin and bach.end) as render and render2 have to be outside the begin-end.

8. ldhyob

ldhyob Member Licensed User

Informatix, how do you do? LibGDX's B4A library is great! Thank you so much for sharing!

But in the use of found a question need to report to you:

AssetManager seems to be under the high android version can not run normally, such as the android 7.1.1, would collapse, don't know is what reason, please Informatix experts to help solve, thank you!

Informatix likes this.
  9. Informatix

My only mean to test libGDX with Android v7.1 is Genymotion and I see nothing unusual with AssetManager. Could you elaborate? Do you have this issue with the AssetManager demo? Does anyone else have the same problem?

ldhyob likes this.
  10. ldhyob

Could you please tell me that the version of libGDX library you tested is 1.12? I am using the demo project that you released on the AssetManager demonstration project installed on Android v7.1.1, and the result, a run, will exit after the splash screen.

11. Informatix

Yes it is 1.12.
    There's no splash screen in the AssetManager demo.

12. ldhyob

I made a few modifications to the demo project, and found that the resource loading in LG_Create event was no problem after the test run, but it was found that there was a problem of reading resources in LG_Render event. I will show the relevant screenshots, please give an analysis to the teacher of Informatix. QQ图片20171002084032.png Screenshot_2017-10-02-08-30-49-14.png

13. Informatix

You put the image to load in the loading queue, but you don't load it with Update, so the result is normal.

14. wonder

Hi!!

There seems to be a problem with the Gesture Detector after device rotation.
    The LongPress event doesn't register anymore...

For testing, I added this line to the template (attached):
    Code:
    Sub GD_LongPress(X As Float, Y As Float) As Boolean

Log(DateTime.Time(DateTime.Now) & " GD_LongPress")

Return False
    End Sub
    Could you please have a look? Many thanks in advance. :)

Attached Files:

15. Informatix

It is very rare for a game to accept two different orientations of the device so I have never controlled this behavior. It seems to be a bug and I don't have any workarounds to propose at the moment.

Jorge M A likes this.
  16. wonder

Hello again!

I don't want to duplicate my thread in the questions sub-forum, but I'd still like to ask it here...

With regards to the CatMullRomSpline class, I would like to access the "derivativeAt" method. Is it doable with reflection and/or inline JAVA?

https://libgdx.badlogicgames.com/ci/nightlies/docs/api/com/badlogic/gdx/math/CatmullRomSpline.html

I'm looking forward into implementing the solution for this problem:
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/32665262/libgdx-path-catmullromspline-constant-speed

SOLVED: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/reflection-and-template-argument.106102/#post-664183

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice