Android Question get new record after selecting spinner

Makumbi

Licensed User
I have a number of records stored in spinner view but after selecting on record i delete the first record and then remain with the rest but the spinner keeps the old record please help

B4X:
cursor1 =Starter.SQL1.ExecQuery2("DELETE  FROM  SMSlist where Atk = ?", Array As String(Rsms4.Text))
B4X:
Sub spnFirstName_ItemClick (Position As Int, Value As Object)
    cursor1 =Starter.SQL1.ExecQuery2("SELECT Account,Phone,Sex,sms,Datesent,Atk FROM SMSlist where Names = ?", Array As String(spnFirstName.SelectedItem))

If cursor1.RowCount<>0 Then
        'user registered
    For i = 0 To cursor1.RowCount - 1
            cursor1.Position = 0

Rsms.Text=cursor1.GetString("sms")
                Log(Rsms.Text)
                Rsms2.Text=cursor1.GetString("Datesent")
                Log(Rsms2.Text)
                Rsms4.Text=cursor1.GetString("Atk")

Next
    End If

End sub

skrjabin

Licensed User
I don't understand the cursor1.Position = 0 in a for-next loop many times. Do you mean cursor1.Position = i ?

aeric

Licensed User
You need to read the database again and populate the items into spinner after deleting the record.

Makumbi

Licensed User
You need to read the database again and populate the items into spinner after deleting the record.
i have made changes as per your suggestion but the record is not changing please can i send the simple project and you see it

aeric

Licensed User
i have made changes as per your suggestion but the record is not changing please can i send the simple project and you see it
You can post your simplified project here so any members here can help you.

Makumbi

Licensed User
i have attached this new project it has to problems
1. i wanted to get new record after deleting one the in the spinner list but the spinner s still show the old record after i select the name
2. i i wanted to be able to receive new messages straight away without having to close and open my app (something like a trigger or timer ) which gets new message from my json link please help thanks in advance

Attachments