Give me an idea

conf

I write a voice clock program that auto inform time. I can write 2 .exe file:
1. Talk.exe - have no form, just talk time.
2. Setup.exe - have a form to set the time that will call talk.exe (after a hour / 2 hours...).

The problem is I want to write only 1 .exe file that can set and talk. Anybody give me an idea, please ? Thank you so much.

Ps: Sorry for my bad English :)

LineCutter

Licensed User
Longtime User
Read the command line arguments & then set up the exe to behave differently depending on the value passed. You'd need two shortcut files though.

From the manual:
Reading the command line arguments is done using a special built-in array named args.
Use ArrayLen to find the number of arguments available.
In order to simulate command line arguments from the IDE you can use Tools - Command line arguments.

Example:
Sub Globals

End Sub
Sub App_Start
For i = 0 To ArrayLen(args())-1
Msgbox(args(i))
Next
End Sub

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't really see the need for two files....
From what I can see, what you want is some kind of alarm-clock that instead of playing a laud sound will "say" the time..

It seems simple to do, but You'll have to have the Wave, mp3 or whatever sound bits you need created by you...
Then in a timer keep checking for the system time and compare it to the setted time, if this is an alarm-clock, or check for the hour value, and if true play the sound file...

P.S.: If this is to be Open-Source, I am trying to create an on-line partnership to develop Open-Source projects....

conf

Hi all,

To LineCutter: Thank you, I have the same idea :)

To Cableguy: I write 2 .exe files because I want talk.exe only "talk", not show any form and don't light on the screen... The setup.exe use to set option so need a form.

I'm very happy to make this as an Open Source. Anybody help me?

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm Up for it...One thing..
Were do you plan of getting the sound bits?

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, nice demo....Still to get a "natural" we have to play with the words...

I'll send you a pm with my e-mail so we can talk on-line...

Last edited: