Glitch with Nexus ICS?

JonPM

Licensed User
Longtime User
One of my users is reporting a glitch with my app that I cannot replicate using the emulator. My app's main screen is a scrollview with a bunch of buttons, and when one button is clicked it goes to a new activity that shows some labels. He states that when he uses the back button to go back to the main screen it is blank with only the title bar showing (and while it is blank he can still access the menu). I do not get this glitch on my own personal device (DX 2.3.3), nor has anyone else reported this. The user is using galaxy nexus with ICS.
In my Activity_Resume I do not use any code to redraw the main screen, and as stated before this has worked fine on my device and all emulators. Does ICS handle activities differently?

Kevin

Licensed User
Longtime User
I had similar problems (can't remember if it was on ICS or Honeycomb) so I ended up just reloading the layout on resume. It has slowed my app down a bit on rotate and when returning from other activities. I don't know why it was doing this.

I also had problems with panels not showing up like they should. This was mostly happing on Honeycomb but after fixing that now I am seeing it on ICS in my emulator. Seems like I am having lots of problems lately. :(

Upvote 0

JonPM

Licensed User
Longtime User
I checked your program on a Galaxy Nexus and it works fine.
If your customer can send you the specific steps that he tried I can try to reproduce it.

I just clicked several buttons and pressed on the back button each time.

Thanks. You are running 4.0.3?

Upvote 0