Google Checkout... Gone?

treehousefrog

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey guys,

Is it just me or is Google checkout gone?? Now when I go to see my sales I get Google Wallet which doesn't say the time of the sale, or my totals for each day anywhere. Am I being dumb? Should I be using another service? What can I do? It's a little annoying...

treehousefrog

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Erel :) But is there no way to view daily totals? Or the time of sales? This seems like a major step down, I'm surprised no one seems upset by it. Which makes me think I'm just missing something :p

alfcen

Licensed User
Longtime User
@treehousefrog

Inspite of having a contract with developers, Google is changing things and conditions to their own convenience only and annoyingly always find amazing words to justify what I sometimes perceive as suspicious. Anway,

once in "Wallet" (parhaps they will change this someday to "PrayWallet"), select Payouts from the menu at the left. Then, select [Transactions] at the top. The previous layout was much more comprehensive, though.

Sorry, a bit off-topic, when Google pays you out, how much of the balance do they pay you? In the last two months they payed me just 65% of the balance, wondering where are playing around with rest.

Just need to know whether I am not alone. If I am, let Google play.

corwin42

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
They changed the payout method. I think they now pay you in the middle of the month the amount you have earned the month before. So they hold the money back two weeks.

alfcen

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you corwin42!

That is exactly the point. They created a definition to justify this method of transaction, by which they are probably financing their lawsuits as that so held back money is working for them. Wondering how many developers are unwillingly supporting this.

IanMc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Amazon

is a mighty river, those who look for books and services will also see your Android apps.

treehousefrog

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Alfcen, that helped! Glad to see it's not just me who is irked...

Just FYI guys - it seems that an app called Developer Checkout Manager can give us back some of the old functionality on the go :) It's not perfect (seems really slow...) but it's a help!

corwin42

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, they held back the money for two weeks but this month they payed my earnings twice. :)

Anyone else?

Edit: Great, received a third payment today.

Last edited:

treehousefrog

Licensed User
Longtime User
Woah me too! Although my earnings are now all over the place and the total seems to be going down rather than up every day - in a completely random manner! Haha Wallet is soooo useless it's a joke!

Stulish

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yeah i just checked out my account and i seem to either be owing them (i dont know how), and my total is going down so it looks like it is paying off my debt.

yeah looking through it looks like they paid me twice the same amount??

Merlot2309

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

Yesterday I finally started changing the Wallet settings.
I find it kind of shocking that I have to give info for the US tax (never sold a copy there for as far as I know and they didn't pay me my 12 euro's twice either :()
Being a European I pay tax in my country, so it's none of their business. I guess it won't make any difference when I skip the us from the countries.
Rather find a non US app store (anybody??) and I will move immediately.

Regards,
Helen

treehousefrog

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yeah I was a bit confused by that too! When I was selling books on Kindle though I had to pay tax in the US *and* over here! And the tax was like 30%... never really seemed fair :-S