Android Question Google Maps in Android Nougat 7.1.1 ( Api 25 )

Inrenbang

Licensed User
Hi,
i'm trying example from tutorial here and running it to emulator using Android Nougat 7.1.1 Api 25, and the apps getting crashed immediately, here's the log

B4X:
*** Service (starter) Create ***
** Service (starter) Start **
** Activity (main) Create, isFirst = true **
** Activity (main) Resume **
java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: The method 'java.lang.Class java.lang.Object.getClass()' was expected to be of type interface but instead was found to be of type virtual (declaration of 'com.google.android.gms.dynamic.ObjectWrapper' appears in /data/app/b4a.identity-2/base.apk)
    at com.google.android.gms.dynamic.ObjectWrapper.unwrap(com.google.android.gms:play-services-basement@@18.0.2:4)
    at com.google.android.gms.maps.zzad.onCreateView(com.google.android.gms:play-services-maps@@18.0.0:7)
    at com.google.android.gms.dynamic.zad.zab(com.google.android.gms:play-services-base@@18.0.1:2)
    at com.google.android.gms.dynamic.DeferredLifecycleHelper.zaf(com.google.android.gms:play-services-base@@18.0.1:1)
    at com.google.android.gms.dynamic.DeferredLifecycleHelper.onCreateView(com.google.android.gms:play-services-base@@18.0.1:2)
    at com.google.android.gms.maps.MapFragment.onCreateView(com.google.android.gms:play-services-maps@@18.0.0:1)
    at android.app.Fragment.performCreateView(Fragment.java:2353)
    at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.moveToState(FragmentManager.java:995)
    at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.moveToState(FragmentManager.java:1171)
    at android.app.BackStackRecord.run(BackStackRecord.java:816)
    at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.execPendingActions(FragmentManager.java:1578)
    at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl$1.run(FragmentManager.java:483)
    at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:751)
    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:95)
    at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:154)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:6119)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:886)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:776)
i have delete the SDK and JAVA and redownload it, its not helping
but if i use android above 7 it is okay and run smoothly
FYI im using B4A version 11.50,
any help appreciated.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0
Solution

Inrenbang

Licensed User
It works, after downloading installing updating three times in a row without luck, then i downloading, installling and WITHOUT updating, its now work normally without crash.
I dont know if after downloading should we update the SDK? or not?

Upvote 0

Rubsanpe

Licensed User
Hi. I am getting the same error message

B4X:
java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: The method 'java.lang.Class java.lang.Object.getClass()' was expected to be of type interface but instead was found to be of type virtual (declaration of 'com.google.android.gms.dynamic.ObjectWrapper' appears in /data/app/b4a.identity-2/base.apk)

(refers to other libraries) on a tablet with Android version 7 when I use the latest Admob artifacts and try to load an ad with the LoadAD function. This seems to indicate that there is some kind of incompatibility. I only update the libraries indicated by the B4A SDK Manager.

Rubén

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I only update the libraries indicated by the B4A SDK Manager.
you should not update it i guess.

There is another identical thread about this recently and the solution was to reinstall the SDK and NOT updating anything.

Edit: it is this thread. See above :D

You should have created a new thread for your issue for sure.

Upvote 0

Rubsanpe

Licensed User
Thank you Manfred. I was going to do it by creating a new thread, but coincidentally the error message is the same even though they are different libraries that are calling com.google.android.gms.dynamic.ObjectWrapper.

Rubén

Upvote 0