Android Question Google Maps

MetalOS

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello, I hope I post in the right place. I'm trying to use google maps in a project and I followed this tutorial:

https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/google-maps.63930/

I think to have realized it completely but I meet this error at the compilation:

B4X:
Maven artifact not found: com.google.android.gms/play-services-maps

I also followed the tutorial on Firebase and the only thing I do not know how to do that lets me think about the error display is that I do not know how to declare the Firebase json file in my code. Thank you in advance for your help and sorry for my english because I use google translation.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Which Version of B4A are you using?

Upvote 0

MetalOS

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok Erel, but what are the differences between the standard version and the enterprise version other than the update time?

Upvote 0

Karl Wagner

Licensed User
Hello all!

First post here!, and thanks, Erel, for a superb development environment.

Ok, I'm loosing some hair here!
Trying to use the google maps examples on this forum, specifically this: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/google-maps.63930/#post-404386 and there's just no way I can get it to run.

I downloaded GoogleMaps.zip, uncompressed it, and put both files GoogleMaps.jar and GoogleMaps.xml on my additional libraries path: C:\Users\karlw\B4X\MyLibraries

But every time I try to compile, I get this:

B4A Version: 8.00
Parsing code. Error
Error parsing program.
Error description: Unknown type: googlemap
Are you missing a library reference?
Error occurred on line: 23 (Main)
Private gmap As GoogleMap

Also the Custom View on Designer is grayed out!
Not sure why,

And there's where I'm stuck.

Any help appreciated!,
Thanks

Upvote 0

rboeck

Licensed User
Longtime User
Please check in the library tab (=Bibliotheken Manager) on the right if you see googemaps checked - you should see: GoogeMaps(Version:2.00). Maybe your path to the libraries is not ok...

Upvote 0

Karl Wagner

Licensed User
Please check in the library tab (=Bibliotheken Manager) on the right if you see googemaps checked - you should see: GoogeMaps(Version:2.00). Maybe your path to the libraries is not ok...
rboeck,
If you were a girl, I'd kiss you!!!!! :)
You nailed it right on!
I didn't have the check mark on Google Maps Version 2.
That was the problem.

THANK YOU!!!!!!

-Karl

Upvote 0