Android Question Google Places Custom Autocomplete View

vfafou

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello!

The custom autocomplete view works like a charm!
Unfortunately, after the new policies of Google, their charges are not affordable anymore, so I changed all my mapping needs to a custom map server made by a company here in Greece. They have a very good API and one of the best Greek Map Databases with all features needed!
My problem is that I don't want to hit the server directly from the android devices using my app. The hits are done via my web-socket server, calling a server event from the devices and pushing to the devices the XML string that the map server responds.
The question is: How could I change the Custom Autocomplete View to do it waiting for the message pushed by the web-socket server?

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

vfafou

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Erel!
Thank you for your response!
I’m using the custom push web socket framework for pushing messages to the devices. I haven’t implemented the sending objects to the devices with the B4X Serializator yet, so I send everything to the devices as messages.

Upvote 0

vfafou

Licensed User
Longtime User
Theoretically it doesn’t take too long but I haven’t tested with heavy load to see if there is any bottleneck.
The B4J Websocket server runs an HTTP job requesting a response from the map server which communicates via a SOAP API.
Do you think that it’s better to make an HTTP server in the same B4J server to simulate the http job that the autocomplete view calls?

Upvote 0