Android Question Google Play market problem - Issue: Invalid or incomplete login credentials

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User
Out of nothing I've got a problem - my app was posted and approved back in August, 18 2022. They sent me this email.
Issue: Invalid or incomplete login credentials​
In order for us to review your app for compliance with Developer Program Policies, we will need you to provide valid login credentials for your app, and any other resources needed to review your app. In this case:
  • We could not access the in-app content with the login credentials that you have provided.
Issue details
We found an issue in the following area(s):
  • In-app experience: Please see attached screenshot alex.HCMS.EVV-InAppExperience-492.png

For more information, you can review our e-learning course on Login Credentials before submission.
Reasons of violation
About the Play Console Requirements Policy​
Before you submit your app for review, you must provide an active demo account, login information, and all other resources needed to review your app (i.e., login credentials, QR code, etc.)
Publishing Status
Your app may be removed from Google Play if you do not resolve this issue by November 09, 2022.
Action required: Provide instructions for app access by November 09, 2022​
Follow these steps to submit valid login credentials for your app:
1.​
Provide login credentials and access details for your app using the instructions described in this Play Console Help Center article under the “App Access” section, and be sure to address the issue identified above.
2.​
Resubmit your app for review after double checking that it is compliant with the Developer Program Policies, including the Play Console Requirements.
  • If your Update status is "Ready to send for review", or if your Publishing overview has a section for "Changes ready to send for review", then you must click Send for review from the Publishing overview page to submit your changes for review.
Note: You can complete these steps without contacting our policy support team.
Contact support​
The fastest way to resolve this issue and get your app back on Google Play is follow the instructions provided above. You do not need to contact our policy support team to provide this information. If you’ve reviewed the policy and feel our decision may have been in error, please reach out to our policy support team.
Learn more​
Visit the Android Developers Blog to learn more about free tools and resources for building safe and successful apps.
Thanks for your continued support in helping to make Google Play a positive experience for both developers and consumers.
Please complete a two question survey to help us improve this experience.
My question is - why now? I sent them appeal and they confirned

Hi developers at The Fleurantin Corp, Inc.,
Thanks for contacting the Google Play Team.
Issue: Google Play Policy Violation
I’ve reviewed your appeal request and found that your app HCMS-EVV (alex.HCMS.EVV) is currently in violation of Google Play policy. Please resolve this issue within 12 days of the issuance of this notification or your app will be removed from Google Play.
As explained in the Play Console Requirements policy, in order for us to review your app for compliance with Developer Program Policies, you need to provide valid login credentials (such as an active demo account), and any other resources needed to review your app (for example, QR code, etc.) via Google Play Console "App Access" section. You can refer to the attached screenshot for additional information.

• We could not access your app using the login credentials you provided. This may be due to app connection error or the provided credentials might not be valid. Ensure your app can be accessed for review.

Action required: Submit an updated app by November 09, 2022
  1. Read through the Play Console Requirements policy for more details.
  2. Make appropriate changes to your app, and be sure to address the issue described above. You may also want to check your app’s store listing for compliance, if applicable.
    In addition to your Production release, if you have other release types that you use for testing and/or quality assurance checks (e.g. Internal test, Closed, Open), please make sure to update those tracks as well.
  3. Double check that your app is compliant with all other Developer Program Policies.
  4. Sign in to your Play Console and submit the update to your app.

Thanks for working with us to fix the policy issue and for your continued support of Google Play.
Regards,
Dhanush
The Google Play Team
Please visit the Google Play Developer Policy Center and Google Play's Academy for App Success to learn more about building policy compliant and high quality apps. You can also visit the Android Developers Blog for the latest Android and Google Play news for app and game developers.

Is this new policy? We provided login info to the test account when we submitted the app in August and the app was approved. After the app was approved we turned off this test account as we no longer use it.

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User
I published my app into Google Play market and after about 2 hours my app is Live. In App Content I provided Login credentials for Google review and a brief instruction.
I received a warning on my account that says that my app Not adhering to Play Console Requirements policy and the issue must to be fixed before 11/09/2022.

Instruction tells me this

Action required: Provide instructions for app access by November 09, 2022​
Follow these steps to submit valid login credentials for your app:
1.​
Provide login credentials and access details for your app using the instructions described in this Play Console Help Center article under the “App Access” section, and be sure to address the issue identified above.
2.​
Resubmit your app for review after double checking that it is compliant with the Developer Program Policies, including the Play Console Requirements.
  • If your Update status is "Ready to send for review", or if your Publishing overview has a section for "Changes ready to send for review", then you must click Send for review from the Publishing overview page to submit your changes for review.
Note: You can complete these steps without contacting our policy support team.

I don't understand what I'm missing. If my app is Live - how it's possible that it's Not adhering to Play Console Requirements policy?

As far as I understand in order to publish the app I need to create a new release, upload the apk, provide reslease notes and rollout the release and wait untill it will be reviewed. Am I correct? If so - what does it mean Resubmit your app? I've never seen this update status Ready to send for review.

Again, I' missing something but don't understand what.

Thank you.

Upvote 0

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User
I guess that they expect you to submit a new version.
Thank you, Erel. I just submitted a new version and it's In Review. The issue has arised on October 26, 2022. Between 10/26/2022 and today I already submitted 3 new versions and none of them were rejected. The last one was published 11/07/2022 and is Live now. About an hour ago I submitted a new one - added one more feature. So I don't understand why I still see a policy warning. I added into App content credential information. What else do they need? The problerm is that it's impossible to talk to the live person - they have a button Make a phone call but every time I clock on it I see a message that something is wrong - try again.

Upvote 0