Google to cut support to all Huawei devices

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Google, Facebook and others are spying on us aswell and that's been proven several times.
Should all exept the US ban these aswell? I guess it would mean bankruptcy to them if 60+% of their users are gone including their advertising potential.
If you publish an app that mentions it's meant for spying reasons you're probably banned for life from the Play store with that account but they can just go on.

D

Deleted member 103

I would not worry so much about it.
Huawei is a very large company with a large market share, which is also supported by its government.
Maybe this can even be an advantage now, because the company could build something similar like Play-Store and thereby become a competitor for Google.

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
To me it is, once more, a genuine Trump-style move, as he has done since he became president (I'm not stating if it is good or bad, only the personal way to proceed) --> Threatening to break the existing rules to show the worst scenario, bringing ir to the limit, and only when all the focus is on that issue, and it seems to be done, they arrive to some kind of understanding that is good, or not so-bad, for all the parts involved.

That's my bet :cool:

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Remember trump is a dealer and not politician or thinker.. he is raising the bar for bargaining and this's been proven tactics of his.
But playing with fire is not always safe.. Wisdom says don't provoke China. China is on the track to take the United States as the biggest
economy in the world in about 10 or so years.. and it's moving fast. China now has it's own Google (Baidu, Own PayPal (AliPay), own
Amazon.. etc. Any disrupt of the Internet will affect China for a very short time until they switch to their enormous satellite network already
in orbits. If China wanted they can disconnect from the internet today and their businesses still connected. In recent years, China has developed
a consumer population and may not rely on exports like they did for decades. We are going to lose the enormous market of 1.4B customers.
The time of straight fighting the cowboy style has gone, and even the recently sanctioned goods are still flooding America, and will continue to
flood America through third countries.. Dubai, South Korea and other countries are re-branding Chinese goods, changing (Country Of Origin)
We may occupy the middle east militarily, but China's already occupied Africa, Asia and South America economically.. so where's the winning?
Mr. Trump is living in the eighties and nineties mentality of the last century!! wake up bro!

MarkusR

Licensed User
Longtime User
did not having the real playstore is a issue.
but for most google apps there are alternate and they can installed from other locations.
and youtube can be accessed by web.
chrome-> firefox
maps-> maps.me
mail -> ms outlook
google drive -> one drive

if china stop export products to usa then they will sell here in Europe more cheaper :)

Last edited:

npsonic

Licensed User
Following Trump's decision to interdict Huawei products selling in USA, Google is also cutting support to the Chinese company. This means no more Android Updates and more seriously, no more GPlay services, including the GPlayStore.
So, any user in the states, using a Huawei phone will no longer be able to neither install new software from GPStore nor update already installed ones!

Is Trump the new Hitler?
Only, rather than the "Ariane race" he enforced "Americana"?

The worldwide open market is not so open after all!
Cant say that this didn't went little too far, but also have to admit that this is Jackpot for Finland and Sweden. Only major 5G network equipment manufacturers are located here now as Huawei has been played out.

xpectmore

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'll never buy a Huawei 'cause is almost an Iphone ,so the same low quality.
I'll ever buy Samsung and I'll ever cut all Microsoft , Facebook garbage that spy my device also Microsoft contribute to make easy spy everything else when he loose control with the Windows exploits and hidden trojans!!!
so:Good job TRUMP : i hope you will close Apple Inc too :)
Continue like this!
Boy ! good job ! :) :) :)

Last edited:

Adie

Licensed User
Longtime User
The whole Huawei issue got nothing to do with Smartphones although Huawei is the 3rd biggest smartphone manufacturer.. USA is less than 7% of Huawei total sales. Europe is around 40%.

It is about 5G. Huawei is the worlds biggest NETWORK supplier with Nokia and Ericsson following.

The moment anyone other than USA and its alliances is on the forefront of the new 5G tec the USA can not use the vulnerabilities as backdoor for spying.

Go read the tech reports etc etc.

Adie

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The whole Huawei issue got nothing to do with Smartphones although Huawei is the 3rd biggest smartphone manufacturer.. USA is less than 7% of Huawei total sales. Europe is around 40%.

It is about 5G. Huawei is the worlds biggest NETWORK supplier with Nokia and Ericsson following.

The moment anyone other than USA and its alliances is on the forefront of the new 5G tec the USA can not use the vulnerabilities as backdoor for spying.

Go read the tech reports etc etc.

Adie

So in 3G and 4G there were no vulnerabilities, right?

npsonic

Licensed User
So in 3G and 4G there were no vulnerabilities, right?
Only 5G is considered to be threat because of its speed. 3G and 4G were never meant same kind of heavy duty traffic what 5G is meant to handle. 6G is already presented in Finland so we're are moving in high phase now and Huawei needed to be played out of the game because of the "possibility" for backdoors that could be updated later on with firmware.

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
because of the "possibility" for backdoors that could be updated later on with firmware.

Net speed is and has always been a relative value.. And it shall continue to be a relative value.
The subject matter is dominance .. Not the (possibility) of voluntarily that (could be) added (later). With all due respect for your predictions

npsonic

Licensed User
Net speed is and has always been a relative value.. And it shall continue to be a relative value.
The subject matter is dominance .. Not the (possibility) of voluntarily that (could be) added (later). With all due respect for your predictions
Not prediction, it's reason that USA gave for blacklisting Huawei.

MitchBu

Licensed User
Longtime User
I wouldn't hold my breath too, although I will be no much surprised if they would start with a Chinese-only OS.
An OS fully compliant with their laws and rules.

Huawei does not have to develop it's own system. There are already Linux distros that support touch, and it probably would not take a lot of work for them to support the phone.

As for the Android apps, there are a dozen or so Linux Android emulators around, which could be packaged together.

Sure, the Play Store and it's million and a half or so apps is a formidable repository, but there are already equivalents for the Chinese domestic market that could be opened to Huawei owners quite easily. Actually, if they did so, I would not recline having my apps there.

At any rate, if this unfortunate situation was to last, Huawei which is not exactly your small corner shop, will have to offer a credible solution.

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Huawei does not have to develop it's own system. There are already Linux distros that support touch, and it probably would not take a lot of work for them to support the phone.

As for the Android apps, there are a dozen or so Linux Android emulators around, which could be packaged together.

Sure, the Play Store and it's million and a half or so apps is a formidable repository, but there are already equivalents for the Chinese domestic market that could be opened to Huawei owners quite easily. Actually, if they did so, I would not recline having my apps there.

At any rate, if this unfortunate situation was to last, Huawei which is not exactly your small corner shop, will have to offer a credible solution.

Not only Huawei.. I expect all Chinese phone makers will be using Chinese created OS, including OPPO and Xiaomi. This is China I know.. Central planning .. Once a trust is broke then that's it. No make-up