Android Question \google_play_services\libproject\google-play-services_lib\res does not exist

MarcoRome

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all.
I bought a new PC and then installed B4A. I have the following problem. When I'm going to fill the message as indicated in Point 1:

B4A version: 5.80
Parsing code. (0.02s)
Compiling code. (0.02s)

ObfuscatorMap.txt file created in Objects folder.
Compiling layouts code. (0.00s)
Generating R file. Error
ERROR: resource directory 'f:\android\extras\google\google_play_services\libproject\google-play-services_lib\res' does not exist

but it seems everything installed correctly.

If you see in point 2 GOOGLE PLAY SERVICES is installed, but if you open path i dont found libproject

The strange thing is that in google_play_services folder does not exist libproject \ google-play-services_lib \ res

Screenshot 2016-05-21 08.50.18.png

in attachment also movie.

Any idea ? o_O
Thank you very much for any type support
Regards
Marco

MarcoRome

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I use already version B4A v6.0, but I had different problem when I have updated google play service (v32):

1) google_play_services folder does not exist libproject \ google-play-services_lib \ res
----> I have followed the process (#31) to install google_play_services v29

2) Then, I had the problem with library FusedLocationProvider
----> I have changed library FusedLocationProvider 1.10 to 1.31 (because google_play_services older than version 27)

3) Then, I had the problem with java.lang.IllegalStateException: The meta-data tag in your app's AndroidManifest.xml does not have the right value
----> I copy android-support-v4.jar (#37, thanks MarcoRome)

4)Then , I had this error :UNEXPECTED TOP-LEVEL ERROR:java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space when I compile
---> I have changed the file ini (b4xV5) to change MaxRamForDex 1024 to 1536

Youpiiiii all works fine, what an adventure !!!

I don't understand why I had this problem with version B4A 6.0 ?

Thank you very much for your help Erel, MarcoRome and all forum !

With version 6 there is no problem. Is important when updating the SDK to copy that you remember updated files (with the latest SDK that you downloaded)

google-play-services.jar
android-support-v4.jar
android-support-v7-appcompat.jar
android-support-v7-mediarouter.jar
etc...

in additional libraries folder.
Thats all

Upvote 0