Android Question GoogleMap suddenly blank/black screen

marcick

Licensed User
Longtime User
Anybody is experiencing problems during the last days with GoogleMap ?
On some devices it suddenly startd to show a blank/black screen (seems MapFragment events is never raised).
Looks like uninstalling the GooglePlayServices (removing the update, then terminating it) then reisntalling it, the map come back. But after 24 hours or so the problem shows again.
I have this report from 2/3 customer, on about 300 apps that works regularly.

note: I have 3 projects that uses googlemap and I have recently put order in the google console, exchanging the ApiKey they were using. But everything looks correct, I can't see any error in the ApiKey.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
- You are using Runtimepermissions in your App?
- You did set MyLocation Enabled to false in the Designer and only set it to true in Code after you got the permission?

Upvote 0

marcick

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi.
I tested 3 app on the same device this morning

App #1) target 22, no runtime permission, MyLocation false in the designer. Black screen
App #2) target 26, runtime permission, MyLocation false in the designer. Black screen
App #3) this is the simple GoogleMap example from the forum, target 21, no runtime but MyLocation enabled in the designer, black screen

uninstalling the GooglePlayServices (removing the update, then terminating it) then reisntalling it, the map come back in all 3 apps.
But my customer says that he already tested this solution last saturday and after 24 hours the map has become black again.

Upvote 0

marcick

Licensed User
Longtime User
Also: I started SDK manager and I installed 3 updates about google play, cleaned project, recompiled the app and tested again but it didn't work.
The only solution has been uninstalling the GooglePlayServices (removing the update, then terminating it) then reisntalling it, but as my customer says looks like it is not definitive (I still can't personally confirm).

Upvote 0

gvoulg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Also: I started SDK manager and I installed 3 updates about google play, cleaned project, recompiled the app and tested again but it didn't work.
The only solution has been uninstalling the GooglePlayServices (removing the update, then terminating it) then reisntalling it, but as my customer says looks like it is not definitive (I still can't personally confirm).
I also confirm the problem
I put a question on the forum , seems to be the same problem.
It certainly happens when the tablet turns of and restarted and specially if it is out of internet.
Did you see the message Google play services is updating on the upper left corner of map?
George

Upvote 0

marcick

Licensed User
Longtime User
I can't say about the log, I just see what happens with teamviewer on the customer devices. But he has another device with the same problem, I'll test this APK and let you know thanks.

Upvote 0

gvoulg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Does it happen with this apk:
www.b4x.com/android/files/googlemap.apk

?

Are there any errors in the logs?

I jump in , because the problem is similar to a thread that I opened.
Same thing with your example Erel.
I installed your apk and shows the map .
I turn of (deactivate) the tablet , start it again and when I try to open it again It shows a white screen and a faded line on the upper
left corner of the map screen saying "Google Play Services are updating". No Map shows.
I clean data for Google play services and your app (mine too) works again.
I deactivate tablet, restart it and the loop I described continuous the same.
George

Upvote 0

marcick

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, actually I have problem on three Huawey devices, though I've never seen the "Google Play Services are updating" message. But looks like it is the same problem

Upvote 0