GoogleMaps on PPC

nomick

Hi !
This small program shows satellite images previously downloaded from GoogleMaps in format of GoogleV program. In .txt file it keeps the path to directory with images (example included) and so can restore previous view on next start.
Controls are common - right, left, up, down. Central button is a level up. Stilus touch of the screen - level down.
There are alternative controls available by small button in the right down corner - it's for using stilus only.
I hope it'll be a usefull program for travellers :)

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello nomick,
it seems we have same ideas or same needs, you will find my approach under

http://www.b4x.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1612

I use only desktop screenshots of the maps, I have a program with 1:25000 scale maps of the area I live in and wanted to be able to use short parts of those on the PPC.

Just a question, what does the GoogleV format look like and how do you download these maps ?

Best regards
Klaus
Switzerland

alfcen

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Klaus and Nomick,

Here is a kick-start for a faster and smoother map display.
The only drawback is that once a game object is added to
a form, form mouse events won't be fired. Also, AddEvent
does not support ImageButtons (would shorten the code).

Anyway, please inform me of your improvements ;)

Cheers

Robert

Attachments

• map-rb.zip
    348.7 KB · Views: 396

nomick

Hi, Klaus !
GoogleV is a program written for show (and save in it's cash) satellite images from GoogleMaps.
There is a similar program GoogleMV that do the same and stores downloaded images "as is", for example trtqrsr-image is contained in directory 07 (it's the length of trtqrsr) with the name trtqrsr.jpg
So it makes about 24 directories, and the more level - the more images stored in directory.
That way makes some problems - on PDA I cann't keep tens of thousands of images in 1 directory because of card file system limitations.
The GoogleV uses another way - every level consists of 4 images (q.jpg, r.jpg, s.jpg, t.jpg) and 4 subdirectories q, r, s and t. So it makes a tree of about 23 levels (the first level t is absent, so trtqrsr keeps in r\t\q\r\s\r.jpg) That format is much more suitable for PDA, to my mind.
I put an example of GoogleV tree in zip-archive.
All theese programs can be downloaded with no problems.
The only 1 minus of GoogleV is that it doesn't supported now, while GoogleMV stil grows :) Anyway GoogleV has quite enough functionality for all needs.
And by the way, there are scripts to export from one format to another :)

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Robert,
I have looked at your map moving proposal, it's interesting. I have not implemented it in my program, I feel that for my use scrolling half the screen is OK.
You can find a new version at

http://www.b4x.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1612

I have added some zoom functios.

Cheers
Klaus

alfcen

Licensed User
Longtime User
Looks great, indeed, Klaus (as all your apps).
Japanese translation attached.
Cheers
Robert

Attachments

• MapsJ.txt
    396 bytes · Views: 212

alfcen

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hallo Klaus
You are most welcome. Looks good on a Japanese PC :)