GPS - outofmemoryexception since WM6

Frank

Licensed User
Longtime User
... but simpole GPS program works

okay, now I am totally confused: I followed Erel's GPS example tutorial and ran the simple GPS application with GPSGate, and that works!
So now all I have left to do is compare the two apps...

Thanks,
Frank

wolfgang

Licensed User
Longtime User
New HTC 3650 - internal GPS and WM6

Hi all,
now I have the same problems as most of HTC or WM 6 users with internal GPS. None of my GPS apps will work. I tested Erel’s DeviceApplication3 and got only some data (maybe less than 1%). The port will be opened without any error message but most of the data are missing or there is no transfer. I tested another GPS app which was written with C++ and it works perfect. The developer, a really very friendly man gave me some hints, which items are different since WM6:
1. The internal GPS is connected via I²C - bus and not via hardware serial port.
2. The data transfer is done by software emulation of a serial port.
3. The port will be opened shared
Maybe this can help to solve the problems with these devices.

thenelson

I have the some problem using GPS4PPC on a HTC Touch phone. I have 5 other GPS programs that can use the standard port # 4 with no problems but GPS4PPC needs GPSGATE to read the GPS port. I have tried changing the port in the MS Intermediate Driver interface, Portsplitter, Commshare and Commpipe all to no avail???

Mr_Gee

Licensed User
Longtime User
Whoohoo that's great news, finaley we can develop GPS applications
:sign0060:
btw. "Next Month" is that in 5,15 or 25 days ?

markbarrett_1

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

Did the new driver get released? If so what do I need to do to get it?

Got a new Imate 9502, WM6 and the problem sounds very similar to what is described in this thread.

Oh Erel, BTW love the force compile option for these VGA style screens (simple recompile and everything works just fine. I now have 4 builds for my application (Windows exe, pda with phone 320x240 exe, pda with phone force qvga exe, and pda no phone 320 x 240).

Thanks.

Cheers.

M

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Did the new driver get released? If so what do I need to do to get it?
Yes, it's here as an official release http://www.b4x.com/forum/official-updates/3268-new-gpsdriver-library.html

I have also released this http://www.b4x.com/forum/additional-libraries/3319-gpsdrivernmea-library.html which returns NMEA sentences from the GPS Intermediate library and this http://www.b4x.com/forum/additional-libraries/3327-gpsserial-library.html#post18685 which provides the same facilities as the new GPSDriver but for serial port GPS devices.

Agrartec

Licensed User
:sign0060::sign0060::sign0060:

Great guys! I`m happy to see this development. I`ve seen it just yesterday. I tested the new driver immediatly and it makes a lot fun. It`s so easy to work with.
Thank you very much Erel and Agraham!

(And so: I bought the new version of B4ppc.) :)