GPS.Status

Discussion in 'Questions (Windows Mobile)' started by alfcen, Nov 9, 2007.

1. alfcen

alfcen Well-Known Member Licensed User

Hi
    I process GPS data further whilst GPS.Status is "A". Upon hardware interruption or after switching off an external GPS unit, GPS.Status remains "A" (also after GPS.GPSBuffer=""). I know GPS.Status is read-only, but I need to clear that "A". Any work-around in town?
    Thanks & Cheers
    Robert

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

3. alfcen

Hi Erel

Thanks a lot for your warp speed response.

>The GPS properties (all properties) are only updated after a GPSDecoded event.

That is exactly my problem. The properties are updated as GPS data is streaming in while the last received data remains after interruption or GPS power-off.

It would be great to have something like a GPS.Clear command that would, amongst others, set GPS.Status to "V" or "". In the pipeline?

Cheers
    Robert

4. Erel

I think that GPS.Clear will make the GPS library more complicated.
    Instead of calling GPS.Clear you can use a global variable that holds the custom validity status.

5. Henry

Henry Member Licensed User

As I understand gps lib has nothig to do with gps hardware so it can't check status. But maybe there could be some flag for timeout? So I can see that decoded data is too old for processing and I shouldn't use it (or use it "at own risk").

6. Erel

See the GPS tutorial for a timeout implementation.
    The GPS library just parses the data.

7. alfcen

Erel, I am a fool, GPS.New1 added to the interruption routine does the job formidably.

Sorry for bothering you. I might be a good idea to sleep a night over before crying out for help :)