GPS.Status

Discussion in 'Questions (Windows Mobile)' started by alfcen, Nov 9, 2007.

1. alfcen

alfcen Well-Known Member Licensed User

Hi
    I process GPS data further whilst GPS.Status is "A". Upon hardware interruption or after switching off an external GPS unit, GPS.Status remains "A" (also after GPS.GPSBuffer=""). I know GPS.Status is read-only, but I need to clear that "A". Any work-around in town?
    Thanks & Cheers
    Robert

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

3. alfcen

Hi Erel

Thanks a lot for your warp speed response.

>The GPS properties (all properties) are only updated after a GPSDecoded event.

That is exactly my problem. The properties are updated as GPS data is streaming in while the last received data remains after interruption or GPS power-off.

It would be great to have something like a GPS.Clear command that would, amongst others, set GPS.Status to "V" or "". In the pipeline?

Cheers
    Robert

4. Erel

I think that GPS.Clear will make the GPS library more complicated.
    Instead of calling GPS.Clear you can use a global variable that holds the custom validity status.

5. Henry

Henry Member Licensed User

As I understand gps lib has nothig to do with gps hardware so it can't check status. But maybe there could be some flag for timeout? So I can see that decoded data is too old for processing and I shouldn't use it (or use it "at own risk").

6. Erel

See the GPS tutorial for a timeout implementation.
    The GPS library just parses the data.

7. alfcen

Erel, I am a fool, GPS.New1 added to the interruption routine does the job formidably.

Sorry for bothering you. I might be a good idea to sleep a night over before crying out for help :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice