GPSInt - Microsoft GPS Intermediate Driver Interface

derez

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
HTC Diamond

I checked the GPSint library on HTC diamond and it works, of course using the normal compiltion, not thr forced QVGA.

good news for diamond owners.:)

derez

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Satellites

Agraham
thank you for your endless effort to improve this great tool.

Have you used my satellites program http://www.b4x.com/forum/9075-post1.html (which is after visualgps display) because the graphics look quite similar (although it is the natural way to display it).
If you did - I'm glad I could be of help.
If you didn't - well it might have saved you from the opposite sign used...

regards

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Have you used my satellites program http://www.b4x.com/forum/9075-post1.html (which is after visualgps display) because the graphics look quite similar (although it is the natural way to display it).
No, I wrote it from scratch not realising that there was similar code out there. I put all the data I thought relevant on the front page and implemented the same constellation layout as I had seen on GPSViewer.

If you want to play you could try adding the GPSDriver.dll to a B4pcc project - it is pretty obvious what is what.

Raw accesss to the actual NMEA strings coming up!

derez

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
it is pretty obvious what is what.

Maybe to you it is obvious, I dont know how to open a dll and see the names of the methods...:confused:

If you could upload the demo program it will be easier !;)

taximania

Licensed User
Longtime User
Added GPSDriver.dll as a component called gps to a new sbp file on my device. :sign0060:
No Errors.

Bla bla bla
gps.new1
gps.open
msgbox(gps.opened) "shows 'True'"

This is on the device, not the desktop.
I will test it further tomorrow :sign0148:

It's saturday night, xfactor is on, and my eyes arent working properly :cool:

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I dont know how to open a dll and see the names of the methods...:confused:
Yes you do! You do it every time you add a library as a component and add an object from it. AutoComplete in the IDE then shows you all the properties and methods.

I don't want to do much work documenting this or providing demos as the official version may well differ in detail. However I thought that on balance it might be worth at least letting the committed users play with it as it is closer to what Erel's official version will be like than what exists at the moment and is a much more efficient implementation than the Microsoft.....Samples.Location library and is optimised for .NET 2.0.

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
msgbox(gps.opened) "shows 'True'"
This is on the device, not the desktop.
Make sure you close it when your program exits or it might leave the GPS on and draining power as the WIA matches opens and closes and turns off the GPS when all the opens are matched by closes.

The library will only run on the device as there are no comparable functions on the desktop. There you are stuck with Serial2.dll and either using GPS.dll or parsing the stuff yourself.

derez

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Satellites display

Thanks to Agraham I succeeded in transforming my navigation program to use the soft port, enabling use by HTC etc.

I attach the Satellites display part which is part of this program.

:sign0188:

Agraham - Latitude in the southern hemisphere will be negative ?

update: the file was updated, removing lost satellites from the display and adding activity light.

Attachments

• satellitesGD.zip
    4.8 KB · Views: 24
Last edited: