GpsSerial

wm.chatman

Licensed User
Longtime User
Well I thought its time to make a Wish.
like an Examp, on how to implement a Map (JPG, BMP) or such, using the GPSSerial.dll. Some Folks are just having Problems with this and maybe it would make things a might simpler, for some.:sign0089:

Thx

wm.chatman

Licensed User
Longtime User
Well I thought its time to make a Wish.
like an Examp, on how to implement a Map (JPG, BMP) or such, using the GPSSerial.dll. Some Folks are just having Problems with this and maybe it would make things a might simpler, for some.:sign0089:

Thx
GPS.dll would be of interest.

wm.chatman

Licensed User
Longtime User
:) My Xmas wish, wish, wish.

A example on using your own BMP or JPEG as a topo Map that sets tracks and waypoints, show position on Map using GPS.
Using gpsdriver.dll or GPSSerial.dll, or the GPS.dll.

Best regards

Xmas wish

Last edited:

SarahWard

Banned
Wow! That would go way beyond normal GPS code. You'd need to be able to calibrate a map (which would be a heavy coding task). Then you'd need to be able to convert a point on the map into lat/long coords using the calibration data.

If anyone can do that sort of coding, I would also be very interested in it. :)

mjcoon

Licensed User
Wow! That would go way beyond normal GPS code. You'd need to be able to calibrate a map (which would be a heavy coding task). Then you'd need to be able to convert a point on the map into lat/long coords using the calibration data.

If anyone can do that sort of coding, I would also be very interested in it. :)

I agree (if this is what you meant) that this would be a bit wide for a DLL/library. And I thought that this forum was meant for wishes for features of Basic4PPC itself rather than for additional libraries or for contributed applications.

But I draw your attention to the "Scaled Maps" application that mentions that it does geo-referencing to lat/long (but only two points so no compensation for skew) and does not have any connection to GPS input.

But the latter doesn't sound very onerous! Especially since GPS4PPC includes a GUI for choosing datum and so forth. Can't be long before someone stitches the two together...

Mike.

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello SarahWard.

Did you have a look at the http://www.b4x.com/forum/tutorials/5191-graphics-tutorial.html ?

There is already a chapter on 'Drawing on a scaled image' with an example program, not directly linked to GPS yet.

This exists in the http://www.b4x.com/forum/share-your-creations/3674-scaled-maps.html program.

There will come an update of the Graphics Tutorial with a 'GPS Graphics' chapter in the near future.

Best regards.

wm.chatman

Licensed User
Longtime User
:) Hi Klaus and Sarah Ward.

Klaus,

Thats what is missing...

Your Statement: There will come an update of the Graphics Tutorial with a 'GPS Graphics' chapter in the near future.

There are alot off Tutorials on this Site. and I agree that an Updated Graphics Tutorial with a 'GPS Graphics' chapter in the near future is due. Maybe a 'How to Bind a GPS to said Graphics' besides other things also, would help!?

this sounds very promising. :sign0060:

I Myself and other Forum Members? are very interested in such. It will be the only thing I will be envolved with in the near Future. That, and of cource Dbase.

Best regards

William

Last edited: