B4J Question Graphics - general question.

rspitzer

I have an application that I run on one of my embedded boards (raspberry, odroid etc..) .
I have 2 forms on the screen.
The form on the left side has a list of files, these files contain just x, y width and length coordinates. Each file being a different set of values.
When the user highlights one of the files, the right form draws very simple box's generated by the files data, there will be more than one box. No color, just black boxes against a white canvas.
So as the user scrolls up and down the list, the right form displays different layouts of boxes - quite simple, no big deal.
The issue I have sometimes (not consistent, this happens both in debug and release modes) is that the right side form fires, but all you see is a thin vertical line of the canvas (left most side of the canvas).
You can then scroll up one set of files entries, and it shows that data just fine, then scroll back to the entry that had an issue, and everything is fine, shows normally.
I don't think this is a B4X problem or bug, I think this is something related to JFX.
So my question is: Is there a programmatic way to test to see if the form has actually fired and shown to screen, or some other work around to verify the graphics are being shown?

MicroDrie

Licensed User
Do you give a sleep(0) command after placing the graphic element in order to realize (force) a screen update?

Upvote 0