Hangover Cures?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RandomCoder, May 29, 2015.

1. RandomCoder

RandomCoder Well-Known Member Licensed User

What's your best hangover cure? Keep it simple, my wife isn't up yet to make a full English fry up :D

2. Troberg

Troberg Well-Known Member Licensed User

Hydrate. Drink lots of water, preferably also before you go to bed. After that, fresh air and some food, preferably food that sits solidly in the stomach, such as pasta.

RandomCoder likes this.
  3. RandomCoder

It didn't work so well for me this time :( before going to bed I normally have a couple of brews (coffee with lots of sugar) and a few slices of toast then I'll try a force a pint of cordial down. That usually sets me up for a reasonably good start when I wake. I'm obviously a little out of practice because I did all that last night and still feel bloody rotten this morning.
    But having just had my second coffee and a small glass of fresh orange I'm starting to feel normal again, and the wife is up now so I can feel a bacon butty coming on. :D

4. HotShoe

HotShoe Well-Known Member Licensed User

I don't recommend it, but the best (fastest) cure I've ever had was someone shooting at me... :)

5. RandomCoder

I can imagine that working really well, but think I might give it a miss. Was a woman involved by any chance?

6. HotShoe

HotShoe Well-Known Member Licensed User

Not that time. LOL

RandomCoder likes this.
  7. Cableguy

Cableguy Expert Licensed User

'That time' ! Oh you player!

DonManfred, HotShoe and RandomCoder like this.
  8. schemer

schemer Active Member Licensed User

Don't drink so much! :D Or try switching what you drink. Some drinks just seem better at making a hangover than others. We used to drink a "Bloody Mary" the morning of the hangover and it really seemed to work. The problem is that you feel a bit better so you have another, and another, and another...and you end up drunk again. But it appears to work. :rolleyes:

p.s. If you have a hangover from too much wine the night before, if you drink a bunch of water it seems to make you feel drunk yet again. :) Talk about getting your money's worth!

RandomCoder likes this.
  9. Jaames

Jaames Active Member Licensed User

Drink more! :D

10. RandomCoder

I think that the problem is definitely that I don't drink enough any more, I'm out of practice! ;)

Jaames likes this.
  11. sorex

sorex Expert Licensed User

a few glasses of water before going to sleep would've helped as @Troberg already wrote.

more important is getting the right food layer before you start drinking.

KMatle likes this.
  12. KMatle

KMatle Expert Licensed User

Know what your drink. Beer has a good water2alcohol ratio. Whine doesn't, so you have to drink water additionaly. Never drink shots or hard alcohol (except you are russian which is ok due to genetics).

To me it must be the last drink I had because before everything was ok :cool:

RandomCoder likes this.
  13. RandomCoder

I only tend to drink bitter, and yes it's always the last drink that was the bad one ;)

14. Johan Schoeman

Johan Schoeman Expert Licensed User

Yip - as @Jaames has said. Drink more and stay drunk...that way you won't feel it at all.

Jaames and RandomCoder like this.
  15. Albi

Albi Active Member Licensed User

water before bed obv.
    but that's preventative. best cure is actually alcohol (although i would recommend a smaller dosage than the day before!)

16. RandomCoder

The very best cure is probably not having any alcohol in the first place, prevention is better than cure... I'm sure I've been told that before :)

warwound and HotShoe like this.
  17. giga

giga Well-Known Member Licensed User

18. Troberg

Troberg Well-Known Member Licensed User

Strong drinks like vodka and whiskey are OK if taken in small amounts, but not to get drunk. Sipping on a good whiskey, just for the taste, is not just OK, it's excellent.

Also, don't drink while sitting. You won't feel how drunk you are until you get up. Occasionally, bite your lip. If it starts to feel a bit numb, stop drinking.

KMatle likes this.
  19. wonder

wonder Expert Licensed User

Wake-up, pizza, shower, more pizza, sleep 2h, yet another slice of pizza, coffee, go to the beach, enjoy the rest of the day.

20. RandomCoder

I get the feeling that you like you're pizza @wonder :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice