Hardkeys

LineCutter

Licensed User
Longtime User
Am I right in thinking that the hardkey in the hardware library can only be made to capture 5 buttons, plus the D-pad?

I was hoping to do a rather neat PPC lock program, but it's going to be no use if there are any keys untrapped! (There are 6 hardkeys on my Loox720 & 10 (give or take) on my TYTN II)

Workarounds, other libraries etc. would be very welcome as this project can go nowhere until the first hurdle is cleared
:sign0148:

LineCutter

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Erel, prompt & accurate as ever :)

But... it compiles fine without optimisation, but when it's turned on B4PPC throws an error. I've tried revising the libraries & recreating the compnents & objects. Seems to be a library problem :(

The error is "CS0246 The type or namespace name 'Registry Desktop' could not be found"...

LineCutter

Licensed User
Longtime User
My problem: I'd upgraded over the top of previous installs, which left some of the libraries older than they should have been.
Uninstalled & reinstalled & apart from a scary moment when I thought I'd lost my license all now works as planned.

Rioven

Licensed User
Longtime User
Phone lock applications

Hi,
There are several threads on catching hardkey issue on Windows mobile phones and can't find solution to my problem..or did I missed it?

I have started supposed to be a phone lock application using Erel's 'kiosk' sample, but the 'call' button could not catch by this application and still possible access the phone device.
:sign0085: anyone?

CryoGenID

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry to bring this old topic up again...

But I have the same problem:
I am trying to make my program ignore all buttons my HTC Diamond has (Volume up/down, Home, Green and Red Phone-Button, D-Pad (UP, DOWN, etc.), ENTER) but I have no success...

I just tried Erel's Kiosk-Demo-App, but the Sub, which should display which key I pressed doesn't do anything :confused: and for example the Green-Phone-Button is not blocked, the normal Dial-Pad comes up... The same with the volume-Buttons...

Can anybody help me? :)

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Christian