Hardware Lib related issues

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

Following some interesting issues brougth up in the "hardware lib updated" tread, decided to start this one..

1- Runappattime
Is it possible to, after creating more than one runappattime registered notification, to remove one especific notification?
If yes then how?

2- Catching hardware keys
How to catch the keyboard keys?
(Anyone up to creating a Lib with keypress event?)

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I ment the Keybord Keys, as I understand only the cursor, enter and 4 buttons are detected by the hardware lib!?

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
My device a qtek900 as a "full" qwerty kb and some combinations execute specific program and have a direct key for iexplorer and such...Would it be possible to allow similar behavior in b4ppc apps, the shotcut key I mean!
like shift+f ->open the file menu...

sahoopes

Licensed User
1- Using the evNone event you can remove the registration of a specific application.
2- Catching the hardware keys is done using the Hardware library.
evNone only applies to the RunAtEvent. Will it still remove notifications for RunAppAtTime entries?

Elrick

Licensed User
And third issue: i have the main window and the menu with the submenu in my program. Catching hardware keys work properly but it work also when i navigating in the menu with these keys... Is it possible to deactivate catching when the menu is opened?

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I've checked it with the following code and it works fine:
B4X:
Sub App_Start
    Form1.Show
    hw.New1
End Sub

Sub Button1_Click
    hw.RunAppAtTime("1.exe",TimeAdd(Now,1,0,0))
End Sub

Sub Button2_Click
    hw.RunAppAtTime("1.exe",0)
End Sub
CheckNotifications is a nice tool that lists all the notifications: http://www.scarybearsoftware.com/product_detail.php?productname=checknotify

Make sure to refresh the list when you check for changes.