Hello everyone!

pgarvey

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am new to B4A, and just wanted to say hello!

I have trudged my way thru java for a couple of years now and not really enjoyed it, was very excited to see Android AppInventor released but was quickly dissuaded at its many limitations. Now that i've discovered B4A I am excited again at the prospect of Android development!

I've only just started, gotten thru the first 2 tutorials and am really enjoying it. I look forward to seeing you all on the forums.

-pgarvey

Kevin

Licensed User
Longtime User
Welcome! Other than the trudging through Java part (admittedly, Eclipse pretty much stopped me in my tracks), your story sounds similar to mine when I first discovered B4A back around 6 months ago.

I too was excited about AppInventor (beta) until I actually tried making something with it and quickly realized how very limited it was. I had been thinking for some time that I couldn't believe nobody ever came up with some kind of tool that lets you program in Java (specifically Android) using a VB-like language. I decided to search Google once again and somehow I stumbled on B4A. I'm not sure, but I think there may have been some kind of divine intervention. :)

Jokes aside, I've just recently finally gotten more serious about trying to make something with B4A and although it has been a bit of an adjusting period coming from VB/VBA, the more I use B4A, the more I appreciate the hard work that Erel has put into it.

Upvote 0

nfordbscndrd

Licensed User
Longtime User
Welcome. If you haven't already stumbled across the Beginners Guide, you will want to be sure to see it.

You will also want to make note of the "B4A search" box at the upper-right part of this page, as well as the Documentation Wiki link on the menu bar above (in yellow), which has its own search function. The Help Viewer is another useful tool.

Upvote 0