Android Question HelloWorld example

mca

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm trying to get started again after a 2 year break away from Android development, and I'm having trouble getting the simplest program to compile. I downloaded the GPS tutorial code, but ran into an out of memory problem. My PC has plenty of memory, so I think it's something in the setup. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Mike

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't get it... If it's related to android, why are you referring to your PC's memory?
If you got an out of memory error log, it came from the android device you are debugging your app with...

Upvote 0

mca

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't get it... If it's related to android, why are you referring to your PC's memory?
If you got an out of memory error log, it came from the android device you are debugging your app with...

In the b4a environment, I get this error: an error occured, Error loading file, Exception of type 'System.outofmemoryexception' was thrown. I think that is related to the PC environment. My b4A version is 2.71 , I'm happy to upgrade, as I'm not getting anywhere. Mike

Upvote 0

mca

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've made a little progress, it starts giving the error when I try to use the designer, after it gives the error, I have to restart B4A environment to remove the error.

Upvote 0

mca

Licensed User
Longtime User
I upgraded, and will reinstall B4A with a new license key. Hopefully the problems will go away.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I suggest to update to B4A 6.5
Your version is REALLY REALLY OLD. A lot of things have changed in Android in the meantime

Upvote 0