iOS Question Hosted Builder

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello all, i apologize before hand but i just purchased B4i and i'm trying to set things up, I do not have an Apple Developers account yet, but i'm trying to understand how things are supposed to run.
I have downloaded the MacServer.zip file that came with B4i, and i'm very confused on how to set this up, when i unzip the file, i see a B4iBuildServer.jar file and a libs folder.
What am i supposed to do with this?
I found a thread that explains how to set a local Mac Builder, which i'm assuming is totally different than the hosted builder, any how I open a command line and ran this command:
java -jar B4iBuildServer.jar
it does give me an Ip Address but it gives me this error.

B4i_error.jpg

As i mentioned at the beginning of my post, I apologize if this questions is stupid, but i can't make heads or tails of this, any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Walter

Eumel

Licensed User
Longtime User
Am i right that you try to start the B4iBuildServer.jar on a Windows PC ?

If so, the BuildServer is for a Mac only.

---------
Eumel

Upvote 0

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Am i right that you try to start the B4iBuildServer.jar on a Windows PC ?

If so, the BuildServer is for a Mac only.

---------
Eumel
Thank you Eumel, if that's true, how do i access the hostes builder then, where do i get the ip address from?

Upvote 0

JonPM

Licensed User
Longtime User
If you are going to use the Hosted Builder than you do not need to use B4iBuildServer. This is only for people who have their own Mac computer and do local compilation.

Upvote 0

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Take the time to go through the Beginner's Guide, it answers setup questions.
Thank you, i briefly browsed through it but didn't find any reference that answers my question, I'll look at it again.

Upvote 0