Android Question How can i change a column width using an array

wjlp

Licensed User
Longtime User
(Programming novice) I've used one of the examples, loaded the csv file which has 25 columns, I'm trying to display 4 columns, Col 2,3,4 and any one of the remainder (Page1). The last column to be chosen by the user. Page 2 works fine and will display the complete csv file.

Attachments

• Temp7.zip
    19.3 KB · Views: 134

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
And where is the question?
What error you get?

btw: the birds.csv is missing in zip

Upvote 0

wjlp

Licensed User
Longtime User
And where is the question?
What error you get?

btw: the birds.csv is missing in zip
Woops...not sure what happened there, hope this one is ok. My question is:- How can I use the array that I have created to control individual columns being shown on the device?

Attachments

• MyProb.zip
    19.3 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Upvote 0

wjlp

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Klaus, I can display all of the 21 columns together in 2D scroll with my Module 'Page3' That is not a problem.
When I click on 'List View' I get the display showing 4 columns. The display consists of 4 columns. The first 3 columns of my 21 column csv file and the 21st column. I want the display always to show columns 1,2 and 3 as well as any chosen column between 4 and 21. I have used an Array in the module 'Page2 ' to control the width of each column. This way I can show columns 1,2,3 and 4 or 1,2,3 and 6 or 1,2,3 and 10. My Question is:- how can I control the Array to make my choice of 'column width' from an EditText, or other method of input, by the user.

Upvote 0

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Ask the user to enter the column index.
With this index you know the column and the ColumnWidth you defined in Page3, These are process global so you can access them in Page2 with Page3.ColumnWidth(i).
So I don't really understand where the problem is.

Upvote 0