How can I use AT-Commands?

Hi,
How can I use AT-Commands (like getting current gsm provider etc) with basic4ppc? Do I have to use the serial commands?
Does anybody have an example or a usefull libraray that can :sign0085:?
tx

Nope, I want to send the commands to the gsm device of my HTC Prophet. Do I have to use serial communication however it is not an external device?
Btw, any idea which COM-port, baud rate etc I have to use?

First of all, thanks a lot for your help!
I´m trying to get the current CellID of my mobile. With this information (and maybe some more) I´ll try to calculate the current position. This is of course not exact, but at least in cities the tolerance is only ~50m.
So I could 'emulate' a GPS device or build a simple location based service... there are many possibilities ; )
I already used the program you mentioned, but it only displays that COM1 is my Communication port (well, ASync I guess) and COM4 is my Infrared Port. 0,2,3 and 9 are displayed but without a description.
I´m currently playing around with serial commands, but the port does not seem to open or send any information...
I´ll try different ports and baud-rates now, maybe I get it working.

EDIT: Hey, sometimes the port opens. And immediately after that, the program crashes (including b4ppc)...

Last edited:

dzt

Licensed User
Hello,

I think that there is not a virtual com port for a windows mobile (phone) targeting the GSM module.
So, can't send directly AT commands.

It should ne some other way to read relative info.

So...when I connect from a windows machine to my mobile I should be able to send the commands (should - didn´t work for me either). At least I read so. But I can´t do this from the device itself? I don´t hope so...

I found a dll on an older website that makes it possible to get the cell information I need.
its here
I manage creating an object from the file MDAGetCellDll.dll, but it doesn´t return the information I need.
Now I´m quite new to basic programming languages - in case that anyone has tried (or is going to try) this with success, please tell me.

I found that many ppl are looking for a solution to get cell ids, so this would be very helpful.

dzt

Licensed User
I just don´t get any results... Only empty Strings are returned from the functions.

Hi,

These DLLs doesn't work neither for me but...

I found this idea interesting, so I searched a little bit more and I developed a little DLL (attached among with b4ppc sample).

You sould also download RilWrapper.DLL from here http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2098217&SiteID=1

Put in your device RilWrapper.DLL, dzRil.DLL, test1.exe and test1.exe.config (yes, needed .NET CF 2.0)

Some more info here http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?pagename=RIL

Because it seems that RIL (Radio Interface Layer) doesn't work in the same way in every Windows Mobile Phone Edition device, I would be thankful for every working or not working report.

Attachments

• dzRil.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 358

tuktak

PDA get cell infos

Hello
I'm a beginner in phone application, I work with c# and I would like to get some GSM informationd (cellid...) I tried with dlls mdagetcell.dll and mdaat.dll.
but I had only empty strings in result. I have an ipaq 6915
Please help me.:sign0085: