Android Question How do you design long pages where it can also have horizontal scroll?

Daica

Licensed User
Some apps that I use on my phone has some nice layout and designs, I was wondering if it was possible to do with B4X, or if this is a limitation.
For example, on the home page of the Amazon app, you can scroll down a long list of items.
For some of the sections, you can also scroll horizontally.

I havent really seen something like that on here on the B4X forum.

When doing research, it seems like you have to use either a scrollview, or xCustomListView for the vertical scroll.
However, with both of these options, if you use a vertical scroll, you cannot have any views inside them that is able to scroll.

Here is an example of an app design in Figma, where users can scroll vertically, a long page, as well as have sections where they can scroll through horizontally.
1689363299045.png

Is it really hard to do in B4X? Or is it currently a limitation, since you cannot have views that scrolls within ScrollView and xCustomListView?

asales

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You can use CustomListView, but I saw similar layouts in this threads:

Upvote 0

asales

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
And in this thread too:

Upvote 0

Andrew (Digitwell)

Licensed User
Longtime User
On Android, you can nest multiple horizontal custom List views in a vertical custom list view or vie versa and they will all scroll correctly.

The only problem I have had is trying to nest custom list views which scroll in the same direction.
Nesting a scrolling webview in a custom list view also does not work very well.

Upvote 0

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The search gave me below links,

You can check them out, if any fits your need.

Upvote 0