How is the featured new releases list determined ?

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

I am curious about stg. I have published a simple gold prices app to appstore last thursday. When i was checking the analytics of itunes connect, I saw that there are more than 30000 impressions of the app in 1 week and many app units. After some thinking , I opened appstore , navigated to finance apps and and selected featured apps , there for the new releases , I saw my app . It was in the first place and i understood why there are crazy impressions and more than normal downloads.

My question is , how did this happen =) is it just a coincidence to be there or how did the app is placed number 1 in the featured new releases ?

Please share if you have any info.

(app is the one with the yellow icon in the pic )

image.png

Regards

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I guess people like gold :)
Yep, so much that today in Italy it disappeared a van carrying 50Kgs of it.. along with the driver (but the company seems to believe he could be a victim of a kind of armed robery).

Anyway, @ilan , your avatar matches very well with your sentence :)

udg
ps: are you planning for late August in NY?

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
ps: are you planning for late August in NY?

i really want to but i guess it wont happen :( otherwise a miracle will happen and the jewelry store will reduce their prices (so i can buy my wife a diamond ring as a bribe :p)

@ilan , your avatar matches very well with your sentence

the reason for my choose of this avatar is to tell people open your hart and share with others :) (be happy when other success and if you do you will success too)

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
to tell people open your hart and share with others :) (be happy when other success and if you do you will success too)

I wholeheartedly agree with it.
Regarding diamonds and USA.. maybe you could plan a short stop in Amsterdam for diamonds (your wife will surely appreciate my use of plural here) and then flight to NY. After all you have to find ways to spend all the extra income deriving from your games..eheh

;)

udg

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
another just released app"All in one speedometer" is featured in navgiation new releases this week in Turkey #5 and United Kingdom #8 and in some other countries.

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
another just released app"All in one speedometer" is featured in navgiation new releases this week in Turkey #5 and United Kingdom #8 and in some other countries.

also as of today I see at appannie that it is placed at navigation / featured new releases in Israel as #1

Last edited:

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Altough this app is featured in navigation category for about 1 month in many countries ( between number 1 and 10 ) they got an average download of 30 per day :) I think we need to make it featured on homepage which is impossible =)
how much installs do you have daily on this app?

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Altough this app is featured in navigation category for about 1 month in many countries ( between number 1 and 10 ) they got an average download of 30 per day :) I think we need to make it featured on homepage which is impossible =)

Nothing is impossible. ;)

At least apple gives you a much higher visibility even if you have a low download rate.

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, My last 4-5 apps always featured in the new section of each category. It is interesting . I hope they continue to do it =)
Nothing is impossible. ;)

At least apple gives you a much higher visibility even if you have a low download rate.