How many apps ..?

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
How many apps are online that were made with b4x?

Online i mean published on google play and appstore.

According to the discussion number in share your creation b4a apps are about 1200 and b4i about 30

sounds to less for me.
over 70.000 users and less then 1500 apps?? Could it be??

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
I see your point of view but how many users before B4A/i? I've been a member since B4PPC days. That being said you would also expect that those who have published an App are probably likely to have published more than one.

Searching B4A in the Play Store lists 250 Apps but I think this is a limit of the search tool. Mines listed at position 69. I've credited B4A with the following paragraph...
This App was written using Basic4Android also referred to as B4A. The best Rapid Application Development (RAD) tool for developing native Android Apps.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I only released a minigame so far, if most of the 70.000 are like that your guess might be right, @ilan .

but I guess not everyone is putting his app on the list here on the forum.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
but I guess not everyone is putting his app on the list here on the forum

i think that almost everyone that has managed to make an app post it in the forum, maybe some users are afraid someone will steal their ideas but most dont.
so even if we say 50% pu their apps here it still to less 70.000 members and only 3000 apps

maybe the real question is how many members have really purchased b4a/b4i, i guess the number of members include also
those members that have not bought b4x...

D

Deleted member 103

maybe the real question is how many members have really purchased b4a/b4i, i guess the number of members include also
those members that have not bought b4x...
Many people have bought only B4ppc and many bought the B4a but never an app published.
But there are many who sell their app only privately.

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Many people have bought only B4ppc and many bought the B4a but never an app published.
But there are many who sell their app only privately.

Surely there is also a part which develop for their personal/professional/hobby use (control/communication/whatever...)

I have 3 B4A published apps (two of them ad-free and one with ads, although no profit), but do also develop other apps for customers (some profit)

Also bought B4i but haven't even started with it (next thing I need to buy is time :D)

qsrtech

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have many apps that are corporate use only (i.e. not general public). I have one published that is pretty much for developer use only that does ok (compared to every one with admob that i've read here). B4i versions are coming buy ios is really inferior imho.

WAZUMBi

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have something like 90 apps. None of which are on Google Play.

1500 total does sound kind of low to me.

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have some good profit apps that can not publish on the store. And I don't share in "Share your creations" thread too. So I guess the number is bigger than you think.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have some good profit apps that can not publish on the store. And I don't share in "Share your creations" thread too. So I guess the number is bigger than you think.

answer:
even if we say 50% put their apps here, it still to less: 70.000 members and only 3000 apps

MarcTG

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry but I really don't know.

According to appbrain 0.56% of the Apps on Google play are made using B4A, so probably about 9-12k. Here's a link:
http://www.appbrain.com/stats/libraries/details/basic4android/basic4android

The top app made with B4A is Dog Licker Live Wallpaper :). If you want to have a good laugh, check out the reviews for that app.

Searching B4A in the Play Store lists 250 Apps but I think this is a limit of the search tool. Mines listed at position 69. I've credited B4A with the following paragraph...

Searching for the term "B4A" on Google play will not show you all the apps made using basic4android. You are correct, 250 is the total number of results that you would get for any search you make... That might work if B4A developers mentioned B4A in their description... Maybe we should start doing that ;-)

Last edited: