B4J Question How to automate the creation of a work shift schedule (for example a school)?

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User
I would like to start building a project in B4J to automate the creation of a work shift list in a professional context
For example, the classic school, divided into 4 separate buildings, each building has 5 classrooms for teaching
Therefore 20 classrooms in total
A list of teachers is available, and each teacher can teach one or more subjects
For example teacher code 1 can teach national language and history, teacher code 2 can teach mathemati, ...
A list of teaching subjects is available, and therefore national language, history, mathematics, geography, ...
A list of courses (class 1A, class 1B, class 2A..) active in a certain period is available
A timetable is available on a weekly/monthly basis for the subjects that each course must include (for class 1A a total of 36 hours, 4 of national language, 2 of geography, 3 of history, ...)
The final objective must be to compile a weekly/monthly timetable for each course, associating the individual lessons with the teacher who must be present
In your opinion, what is the best logic to follow to obtain the compilation of the weekly/monthly timetable?

MicroDrie

Licensed User
You have already broken down the conditions fairly well that can serve as a basis for a normalized database design to prevent as much duplication of information as possible. Having written that, I don't think you can achieve anything without a solid dose of database knowledge.

Then your question:
In your opinion, what is the best logic to follow to obtain the compilation of the weekly/monthly timetable?

The best advice I can give you is to talk to a experienced school planner to find out how this planner works. Based on the experience of that planner you can create the basis of the automatic planner program.Unhindered by any experience, I expect that with a bit of luck you will go a long way. You may be able to work out some what, if, and then. How far you can ultimately reach a fully automatic solution is difficult to say in advance, the most likely is a long way, but finally some manual corrections.

Upvote 0