how to create a database ?

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

Stellaferox

Licensed User
@Agraham,

Of course you are right. By eyeballing I ment more or less seeing how the data are "spread" before sorting. The algorithm for binary search is no more then 3 lines to find an item in max 27 steps in 133 million entries.
But I think I will take your advice. Still too bad that only from a table a CSV file can be written. I think I did a fairly good job to use a lot of bit-operations to speed up the code.
thnx anyway for your effort.
Marc

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm looking for a .Net 3.5 book. There are some interesting new features like LINQ and WCF.
I have decided .NET 2.0, VS2005 and Windows Forms will do all I need for the foreseeable future so I haven't loooked at what documentation is available. By the time I get interested (if ever) newer material will be available.

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The algorithm for binary search is no more then 3 lines to find an item in max 27 steps in 133 million entries.
Looks neat but how many times does each line execute? You can do a lot in 81 lines of straight code (I know the comparison is not exact but you see the point!) .

Stellaferox

Licensed User
@Agraham,

The three lines execute max 27 times for a hit in a base of 133 million entries, mostly in less.
Marc