Android Question How to create a new branding of an app?

EduardoElias

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have an old app made on b4a made the old way. (no b4xpages)

The main is pretty big.

Now I need to create a new branding of the app... it is the same app but I need to give it a specific name and appearence on the play store because the way it will be sold.

With b4xpages that is easy.

I want to keep making changes on the original app and then just compile the branded one to publish.

Is there any idea, easy way, since it is a huge amount of code.

EduardoElias

Licensed User
Longtime User
In what way is it more difficult with a traditional app?
the b4xpages pattern is that you do not write code on the main module.

so that you can easily create another project with its own main and reference the files from other projects and recompile it as a brand new app

this is not the case of this app since it is a big ugly chunk of code in the main, with many events. there are other helper modules but do not aliviate the main

Upvote 0

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't understand what you want to change for your 'branding'. In B4XPages the appearance is determined by the layout of each page - Main is only the underlying Activity. What is it you can make different in Main in a B4XPages app that you can't in your existing one?

Upvote 0

EduardoElias

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't understand what you want to change for your 'branding'. In B4XPages the appearance is determined by the layout of each page - Main is only the underlying Activity. What is it you can make different in Main in a B4XPages app that you can't in your existing one?
sorry i failed on make it clear:

- i already have an app on play store
- i need to create ANOTHER ONE based on the same app just change name version code
- the source app is big and not based on b4xpages, so everything mostly on main
- is there a easy way to do that?

Upvote 0