iOS Question How to delete rejected binary from appstore connect

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have my first app (version 1.0.0) approved and live in the app store.
I made an update which is version 1.0.1 but it was rejected.

I modified the code for the version 1.0.1 but I cannot upload it because the rejected one already exists. Is it possible to delete the rejected binary and replace it with the updated one?

jahswant

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have my first app (version 1.0.0) approved and live in the app store.
I made an update which is version 1.0.1 but it was rejected.

I modified the code for the version 1.0.1 but I cannot upload it because the rejected one already exists. Is it possible to delete the rejected binary and replace it with the updated one?
Change to version 1.0.2

Upvote 0

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you. Yes, am aware of increasing the version number. I just want to if its possible to delete the rejected binary.

Example In case 1.0.2 is rejected, I can delete it and correct the build.
It's not the store version that's the problem - it's the bundle version. If you are putting 1.0.2 in the bundle version, you shouldn't. 1.0.2 should be the store version. What I generally do is use 1, 2, 3, etc... for the bundle version & 1.0.0, 1.0.1, 1.0.2, etc... for the store version. That way if version 1.0.2 gets rejected I can just increment the bundle version by 1 & keep the same store version.

Play Store is the same - once you upload a build with a particular bundle version (or build # in the case of Play Store), you can't upload another with the same version - even if you have removed it.

- Colin.

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If i understood correctly, When you move your cursor over the rejected binary a remove icon will
Appear . Click on it to remove and save it. It will be again marked as prepare for submission. You can now upload the new one.

If your question is if you can upload with the same version number, it is not poasible.

Upvote 0