How to draw on Image

dogsled

Licensed User
I am trying to use an imagelibrary tool to draw on an image - eg draw a circle and a line on a map. I can see how to do this if the image is part of the form (form1.image1), but I cannot do it if the image is a separate image on the form (image1).
Is there any way to move the image forelayer (I assume that this is the only place I can create these library images like circles and lines etc) to a position in front of the bitmap located on the form?

derez

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You can draw on the form, you can draw on the forelayer or you can draw on an image and then copy the image to the form.

If you want to do a dynamic display - moving map with lines and circles on it - I suggest to put the map on an image (using any of the image libraries), then draw on the image and then copy it to the form. this way the map with everything on it is replace in one sequence.

If the drawing is static (for example - a circle in the center of the form, which should always be there) - then draw it on the forelayer, and change the moving map "under" it.

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User