dEsko

Hi There,

I have created a basic program, that does the following:

1. Start / Stop the Bluetooth device;
4. Basic COM communication.

What I miss is p.2 and p.3, which should be:
2. Explore Bluetooth devices in range;
3. Connect to them.

Is there anyone who have coded such program ? I believe it is pretty basic for PPC Programming.

pdablue

Licensed User
Longtime User
The Pocket PC and Bluetooth devices.

Hi,

You can visit the following web page which has some information
about using a Pocket PC to communicate with an embedded Bluetooth
module. You have to use the Pocket PC's Bluetooth Manager software
to "discover" the available Bluetooth devices and set the PDA to
communicate with them serially. Then your Basic4ppc program can
communicate with them using a virtual serial port connection.

Visit:

index

All of the program examples on this web page were written using
Basic4ppc.

Zenerdiode

Licensed User
I'm not sure if I'm picking you up correctly on this. At work, we have an application that connects to a BlueTooth device for serial communication. To connect, you first have to switch the BlueTooth on manually on the PDA, is that the same as you are able to do progamatically in 1.?

Then, in the program, you select the Com port (port 8 for the BlueTooth port) and when you select the 'open port' button the native BlueTooth search/pair with devices pops up. Is that what you are trying to do in point 2. and 3.? You then pair with the device in the normal way and execution returns to the program where you initiate comms.

If so, the program in question is a .Net executable that I've already had an arbitrary look around in with Reflector. I don't have great experience with Reflector and unfortunately I won't post the application openly because of its copyright and also it contains codes that miscreants may find useful. :eek:

However if this is the functionallity you would like and someone is prepared to puppy-walk me through Reflector, I'll have a go.