How to find investor for an app

pliroforikos

Licensed User
Well this is a question that many of us may have.

Imagine that we have create the dream application ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ (only in my dreams !)
Next step is to find investors to help grow up. As a developer usualy we dont have experience about management, financial etc.

I wonder if anyone out there did it and how can you find investors, what agreements we need, what are developer's obligations and what are investor's.

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
When you find the way inform me too. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Maybe you can try crowdfunding

Last edited:

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Next step is to find investors to help grow up.
This isn't necessarily true. Sure, that's a very traditional way of running your business, where you take outside investment. But that's not the only way.

In case you're interested in alternative ways, I'd recommend this very down-to-earth and helpful podcast. They have a huge archive covering many, many topics related to (mostly) self-funded startups:

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I did not know the podcast. Can you explain more?

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
First you need to show there's a market, no one invests in anything unless they think it will get big. So you release a basic MVP (minimum viable product) to show the basic features and get people interested, doesn't have to be optimised, doesn't have to support all the platform you're aiming at, just something that works.

Maybe B4X forums should have an investors section? We have the business section, so I guess that could cover this, but that tends to be more for part time or one off work.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
for what do you need an investor at the first stage of the development?
i think you should start your project. create something that you can show to others that may be interested in it and you will find the person that will invest in it. there are many companies that can help you find investors but without anything working and only with a dream you won't get far.

i have many ideas and dream projects. actually, i am working on one right now. after i have something to show i will start looking for some investors that may invest in marketing so my product can get popular as soon as possible.

it is a real big project. i guess i will have something working in 4-6 months (i hope). after i will find my investors i may be more helpful for you ๐Ÿ˜
so my advice work on your dream dont let it only stay a dream!

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I scare to look for investor at the early stage where I am still โ€œdreamingโ€ or my light bulb is still burning on. I donโ€™t want intervention from otherโ€™s idea. I donโ€™t want someone break my passion and change the shape of my creation, at least not in this period. If one day the product is matured enough and I donโ€™t care much about my self satisfaction or achievement then only I let someone has the talking power to change the direction, the design, the whatever nonsense features they want to that product.