How to find x,y of stilus on image ?

Discussion in 'Questions (Windows Mobile)' started by nomick, Dec 20, 2007.

1. nomick

nomick Member

I've tried to add event mousedown to image-control on form, but when I "click" on image - no reaction. How can I find coordinates of touching point on image then ? Mousedown event on the form works fine, but I need several images and to get exact coordinates of touches. Thanks in advance !

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

You will need to draw the images on the form instead.
    Use Form1.DrawImage.

3. nomick

nomick Member

Yes, I wrote that I know about that way, but how can I put several images on a form simultaneously ? I think it's impossible :) It would be much easier could I just add event mousedown to the image-control. At PDA almost all control can be made only by pen, so it's nessesary to know the x-y of touch. But now that image-control can be used just as a Big Beautiful Button... :(
    Well, another way - can I bring the form to the front and make it transparent to see background images and intercept touches ?

4. dzt

dzt Active Member Licensed User

5. Erel

@dzt, can you also retrieve the x,y coordinates with dzEventsMagic?

6. agraham

agraham Expert Licensed User

At a more abstract level than dzEventsMagic I can add the mouse events as a straight forward B4PPC event to my ControlEvents library if anyone is interested?

7. dzt

dzt Active Member Licensed User

8. Erel

:sign0188:

9. nomick

nomick Member

Thanks for your help, but I have no rights to download anything from the dzEventsMagic thread....

10. Erel

Sorry but the additional libraries are only available to users who purchased Basic4ppc.